Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Castlevania: Next Gen and 20th Anniversary

Grin Castlevania: Next Gen and 20th Anniversary

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09...s_6134615.html

Quote Originally Posted by GameSpot
    Castlevania has been one of Konami's longest running series, with a total of 20 titles released since its debut on the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). So it should come as little surprise that the company is already working to bring the franchise to the next generation of consoles.

In a short interview with Nintendo Dream magazine, series producer Koji Igarashi revealed that a Castlevania title is already in development for a unidentified next-generation console. Since Igarashi became the series' producer in 1997, Castlevania home versions of Castlevania have been exclusive to Sony's PlayStation consoles, excepting a pair of excursions onto the Nintendo 64 and an aborted Dreamcast title. However, that will change later this year, when Castlevania: Curse of Darkness ships simultaneously for the Xbox and PS2. On handheld platforms, the series has been released on Nintendo's Game Boy Advance and DS as well as mobile phones.

Igarashi commented that he plans on continuing the Castlevania series dual storyline model, which sets console releases in the series before the death of Dracula and handheld releases after the vampire lord's demise.

"I've been told by an overseas anime developer that products themed on vampires never die out. That's encouraging, although as a developer, I need to watch out about dwelling on stereotypes," Igarashi told Nintendo Dream. "I plan on continuing with the two [handheld and console] series as long as I can keep up."

Igarashi also revealed that he is planning a special event next year, when the Castlevania series will celebrate its 20th anniversary.
    Master, go tell your reporting chain that if this is exclusive to 360, people might actually buy one.

2. Castlevaniacon

3. For the love of god- put Dracula X (DUO) on a anniversary compilation. What is the hold up after all these years?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerodash
    For the love of god- put Dracula X (DUO) on a anniversary compilation. What is the hold up after all these years?
    IBTN. But DO FUCKING NOT remake it in 3D.

5. No remakes- just straight & accurate emulation

6. A 'Vania collection would be the hottest thing ever. Ebay would weep.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. I'm still waiting for a good 3D Castlevania so the only thing I can give props to Koji Igarashi for is SOTN, COTM and AOS.

8. These comapanys need to stop being such Lame-Os, yeah I said it! Do they not understand that they can just put a whole bunch of their old games, that they no longer make money on, on to a disc and people will buy it. Thus making them money on games they have not made money on since the early 90's. If they put: Castlevania, Simons Quest, Castlevania 3, Castlevania 4, Dracula X (Duo) it would make them some money. But then if they want EVEN MORE money, all they would have to do is put SoTN on there! Wow, thats easy. Stop being stupid Konami.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

9. ...when did castlevania first apear?

10. I'm gonna guess 1986.

Which would be the NES Castlevania right?