Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Loco Roco

1. They need to announce this for the U.S. right now. If they don't, I'm going to import it. First import title, omg.

2. It does indeed look delicious.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

3. This game looks amazing. The theme song is instantly mesmerizing. Sony can right many wrongs by releasing this game in the US.

We can't get a hand-drawn action game on the PSP, but we can get this blob of gayness? Give me a fucking break. Sony would never approve this from a third party, so why are they making it? It looks more feminine than Princess Peach, and I didn't think that was possible.

5. What studio is handling this?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Sony would never approve this from a third party
    In Japan they would. I agree this game looks gay(or at least something from a TV show for four year olds) but like Super Princess Peach it could be awesome in gameplay. It sounds really unique.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    We can't get a hand-drawn action game on the PSP, but we can get this blob of gayness? Give me a fucking break. Sony would never approve this from a third party, so why are they making it? It looks more feminine than Princess Peach, and I didn't think that was possible.
    You're right, Sony needs to get the fuck over it and let 2D gaming live. I would love nothing more than to be able to select between 2D and 3D at all times.

With any luck the unstaggering worldwide success of the PSP will allow them to loosen their death grip on 2D goodness.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    You have a flippin' Yoshi's Story avatar. I am a Yoshi man all the way but that game is like the cartridge incarnation of johnson's baby shampoo for 'lil girls. And "more feminine than Peach" = the

Personal taste and all, yes you are correct. It would definitely appear from the screenshots that one could surmise that this is indeed a game involving smiling cartoon blobs. "Happy baby dinosaurs make waaaay more sense than happy cartoon blobs and princesses! Cartoon blobs are so gay in comparison!" Only on the internet.

It's different for a PSP game and I love the trippy visuals so I will give it a shot. I really dig the concept of a "liquid platformer" plus there will be enemies to fight/avoid and large maps to explore (from what it appears anyway on the website). It and games like Every Extend Extra may even be a sign that Sony is lightening up a bit on their "2D stance" in light of the DS's unique games.

But yes, 100% agreed that we need a hand drawn, full on actioner for the system. But if we occasionally get hand drawn RPGs I'd hope it is only a matter of time.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 21 Jan 2006 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    "Happy baby dinosaurs make waaaay more sense than happy cartoon blobs and princesses! Cartoon blobs are so gay in comparison!"
    I'm glad you understand. Dinosaurs cannot possibly be gay. It's like gay aliens. They are oxymorons.

10. Says person who posted an oxymoron to begin with. Thanks for clarifying your stance.