Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Loco Roco

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Says person who posted an oxymoron to begin with.
    Enlighten me.

2. Yoshi: I like Yoshi games. Yoshi games are very fun kids games that appeal to kindergartners as well as grown men such as myself, yet I find happy blobs completely unacceptable and gay.
    Just found that funny as anyone would.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 21 Jan 2006 at 03:34 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    It looks more feminine than Princess Peach
    I could be wrong, but I think this is what he is speaking of.

***edit*** Doh, I guess not.

4. No hand-drawn action games? Ys is coming in a few weeks, it's sprites all the way. Exit is 2/14. What game were you referring to?

Or did you mean PS2?

James

5. I've reconsidered about this game. I mean, there is obviously some pretty prevelent homosexuality going on in those screens, and I've come to the conclusion that I will not support games who's sexual orientations are opposed to mine.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

6. I also found his argument for the case of "Happy blobs are less heterosexual than men and Princess Peach" amusing as well.

7. Here's a recent-ish blurb from Cartoon Brew -
    Video game animation isn't a frequent topic of discussion on the Brew, but LOCO ROCO, an upcoming Sony PSP game from Japan, recently caught my attention. The character designs are simple and sans outlines, in that supercute style that Japanese designers do so well. The backgrounds strive for a similarly fresh approach, and use crisp appealing shapes with creative color styling. Overall, the design and animation of LOCO ROCO easily matches the standard of most of today's animated TV shows. Just take a look at this video demo. The entire gameplay, and not just the cut scenes, look like a TV series done in Flash or something. I'm not sure what, if anything, this means for the industry, but with the technology finally at a point where videogames (2D ones at least) can look this good, one hopes that game developers will begin to take greater advantage of the possibilities to produce creatively designed and well animated games.
    That's some pretty high praise right there.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

Quote Originally Posted by James
    No hand-drawn action games? Ys is coming in a few weeks, it's sprites all the way. Exit is 2/14. What game were you referring to?

Or did you mean PS2?
    Ys is an Action/RPG. Exit appears to basically be a puzzle game. I'm talking Castlevania, Contra, Metal Slug, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Here's a recent-ish blurb from Cartoon Brew -

That's some pretty high praise right there.
    That clown should go play Astal on Saturn. It had better animation than most cartoons in 1995.

9. Quote Originally Posted by James
    No hand-drawn action games? Ys is coming in a few weeks, it's sprites all the way.
    They're pre-rendered sprites, though, not hand-drawn.

10. Is anybody else getting sick of the way every single PSP screenshot is doctored? I mean, the thing's resolution isn't even close to as high as that picture above. I've seen this phenomena in ALOT of screens released.
    -Kyo