Page 15 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread O' Custom Sticks

1. Quote Originally Posted by buttcheeks View Post
    so where are the good places to buy stick parts and what are the good boards?

and is this a worth while hobby to get into (making sticks)

Because the wiring looks retarded easy.

Oh, and does anyone know where I can get stick with a 1 inch profile. I want to build a mini stick
    Lizard Lick Amusements for parts --

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=130032

best place for stick building is tech forum of srk -- http://forums.shoryuken.com/forumdisplay.php?f=177

if you're good with wiring and can do clean soldering, sure why not, just know that there are a ton of great stick builders out there already, so not sure if there's a lot of money in it or not...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

I second LizardLick. The parts are cheap, and they charge you actual shipping costs by USPS Priority Mail.

And yes, the soldering for sticks is stupid easy. They were made so that arcade operators can fix their own machines without being an engineer. The issue comes getting the custom sticks to work with newer proprietary systems, but even that isn't that complicated, you just have to sacrifice a controller.

The only reason I don't make my own sticks is because I like woodworking skills/equipment for making the box. I normally buy used sticks and then rebuild/modify them.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

3. Just finished my first two SE FightStick templates.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24templatepic.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	238.1 KB 
ID:	44009   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WatchmenTemplatePic.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	217.3 KB 
ID:	44010  

4. First one has WAY too much clutter on it. I think even the second one would be improved if you simplified it more, had less on it.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. BAM! Just got the parts about an hour ago, and finished up the stick. My first time doing any sort of stick modification; it was a lot of fun, and I love what I have now far, far more than the stock SFIV stick.

WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

6. That is awesome Shidoshi. Where did you find the high res art for it? I've been cannibalizing desktop wallpapers because they're the biggest art files I can find.

7. I honestly don't remember at this point. I found two images: that one, and one of Team China. I wish I knew where I had gotten them from, because I'd like to find the similar art for the other teams.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    First one has WAY too much clutter on it. I think even the second one would be improved if you simplified it more, had less on it.
    The first one is made from art from two different 24 comics, the second one is a cover from Wizard magazine. Do you think I should stick with a white background to match the body of the stick instead of doing a full layout?

Learn the importance of negative space.