Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread O' Custom Sticks

1. Voltz, the bottom of this page

http://movingparts.net/2005/03/26/up...ade-stick-mod/

has a collection of links about arcade stick construction that could help you.

Pay particular attention to J & D's Arcade Construction page, especially the Construction section.

EDIT: Make that the Artwork section.
    Last edited by Cowdisease; 16 Oct 2005 at 05:59 PM.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

2. So voltz, any luck with modifying your arcade stick?
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

3. no, the interest kinda died off. I didn't see any style I wan and don't have a good photoshop program for getting the proper details.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa
    Do Sanwa parts have a lower profile than happ competition parts?
    I don't think my happ buttons would fit in a box that shallow.
    I've built a few customs and modded the Anniversary stick to all Happs, really easy conversion. Yes Sanwa has a much much lower profile than Happs, that is why the stick box is so shallow, you can use the snap in buttons and standard Sanwa stick and have sticks as shallow as the Namco arcade one, which is as thin as laptops.

It's all preference what you like. A good sanwa stick would rock for shooters and fighters. 150 is a decent price for an all sanwa, considering Hori Real Arcade Pros + sanwa buttons will net you more than that.

Some of these sticks are truly amazing. Byrdos designs are amazing as well.

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

5. I was pointed out to use a HAPP competition stick and buttons. So far, I've been using it for playing soulcalibur and some MAME on the side.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

6. Yup, that's what I did. You can literally drop them in where to old stuff was and you don't have to solder, just use the wires that are already there and voila, you have one of the best sticks out there.

ssb

7. Quote Originally Posted by ssbomberman
    Yup, that's what I did. You can literally drop them in where to old stuff was and you don't have to solder, just use the wires that are already there and voila, you have one of the best sticks out there.
    I <3 my Happ-modded SFAC stick. I'm bummed that I can't use it on the 360.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    no, the interest kinda died off. I didn't see any style I wan and don't have a good photoshop program for getting the proper details.
    Did you miss this part?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    I'll design just about anything for anyone with my free time.

PM me if you want some help.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease
    I <3 my Happ-modded SFAC stick. I'm bummed that I can't use it on the 360.
    I'm sure they will find a way. PS2 to Xbox 360 adaptor or something. It handles USB, I wonder if PS2 to USB adaptors will work?

ssb

10. Quote Originally Posted by ssbomberman
    I'm sure they will find a way. PS2 to Xbox 360 adaptor or something. It handles USB, I wonder if PS2 to USB adaptors will work?
    I'm sure they will, but there will be two problems with such conversion:

1) Xbox 360 controllers have that big X button on the middle that plays a huge role with interacting with Xbox 360 LIVE. The adapters would have to figure out how to map that button to an Xbox 1 controller, which has one less button than the 360 controller.

2) There's no guarantee that a Communicator plugged into an Xbox 1 controller will work when plugged through a ->Xbox 360 adapter. The reason I got a SFAC stick was because it was the only good Xbox arcade stick that had the Communicator functionality, and I really want to carry a conversation or trash talk with my opponent when I'm fighting them.

It's not a total loss. After I get a 360, I'll most likely have to buy a 360 arcade stick and Happ-modd it, but I can still use my SFAC stick when I convert my Xbox to a MAMEbox
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios