Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Gender

1. Blue Gender

I get the basic visual gist, evil insect creatures dominating a devastated future human wasteland which mechanized forces engage against the backdrop of deeper emotional context (I assume) involving one or more of the main characters.

Since I like sci fi and noir the best when it comes to anime, is this a good series to go for? Will I care about the characters? Is it more than just a "Starship Troopers" meets Macross/Robotech?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

2. I thought it was pretty good but depressing and nihilistic as hell. The dub was poopy.

3. The ending will piss you off...
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

4. Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    The ending will piss you off...
    Is it because it is depressing or vague?

(man, what is with all these animes i hear about having weird finales?)

5. It's kinda depressing, and vague. But yeah I've noticed that too with anime trying to be artsy or something by being unnecessarily depressing. As a matter of fact most of the newer 13 or 26 episode anime that I've seen have been like this starting with evangelion.
    Last edited by chessmen; 17 Oct 2005 at 11:00 PM.

6. I'm on the first disc of Cowboy Bebop, pleeeeease tell me the ending is good/to the point/understandable.

Thanks to all for their input so far. I'm not too opposed to nihlism as I am a big Seinfeld fan.

7. Blue Gender is terrible.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    I'm on the first disc of Cowboy Bebop, pleeeeease tell me the ending is good/to the point/understandable.
    Yes, CB's has all of those. It's the middle of the series where I lost interest.
    (man, what is with all these animes i hear about having weird finales?)
    Probably because a lot of anime is based off mangas and since the show usually ends up finishing up first they just make up an ending and pull something out of their ass. Speaking of which, I hope that last X series actually followed through to the end of the manga since it was made after the latter's finale, unlike the movie. Still want to check that out at some point.

The last anime that springs to mind as having a wierd ending was Last Exile, but that was just because they forgot to include a bunch of explanations. Evangelion did too because it was like they suddenly got ADD and forgot they were in the middle of doing something and wondered off. Recitified later on with EoE, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by chessman
    But yeah I've noticed that too with anime trying to be artsy or something by being unnecessarily depressing.
    What qualifies as unnecessarily depressing?

9. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    The last anime that springs to mind as having a wierd ending was Last Exile, but that was just because they forgot to include a bunch of explanations.
    that reminds me, i have to finally get past disc 2 someday. i have the whole series but havn't viewed it for almost 5 months so just like an rpg game i totally forgot what's going on. such a beautiful series though.