Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I exit Another World / Out of This World on PC?

1. How do I exit Another World / Out of This World on PC?

This game restarts the PC in pure DOS, but there doesn't seem to be a key that allows you to exit to DOS when playing the game. They didn't forget to provide a means of exiting the game, did they? This is fucking my computer up, because when in the game I can try CTRL+ALT+DEL and it restarts -- in DOS again.

2. win?

3. Did you try the "any" key? How about esc.?
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. I tried ESC, Q, CTRL+ESC, CRTL+Q, ALT+Keys, the F keys... I think it might be a program that's meant to run off a floppy, so the way to exit it is to remove the floppy and restart the machine. I can't do that because it's not on a floppy. I might just have to enter Safe Mode as it's restarting, delete Another World and see if that works.

F1 could bring up a menu or options of some sort. Try the function keys.

Or it could be ctrl-c... old games are weird.

EDIT: I see you tried some already =(
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Punch the monitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Really though, once you have OOTW on your computer, you have no other need for the PC.

Best game ever.

8. I've been looking around the web and I'm not the first person this has happened to. You get stuck in a DOS restart loop, have to use SAFE MODE to delete the program then on restart the PC thinks it's running Another World again, fails, and restarts Win 98. The problem is it restarts Win 98 every time thereafter, even from a cold boot. I haven't seen a solution.

9. It's been a long time, but I think it's F10. Run it in DosBox.

10. Well on my old Pentium I PC, I had to press Ctrl, Alt, Delete, and it worked. Not sure about yours though. Heck I think plain exit worked on mine, but it's been a while. Try exiting out of wasteland, thats a tuff one too.
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart