Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Never buy a computer from Best Buy...

1. Never buy a computer from Best Buy...

VALPARAISO | A Best Buy customer threatened to kill a female employee Tuesday after complaining that he purchased a $1,300 computer, only to find wooden blocks inside the box once he got home.

Heres the rest of the story.

http://nwitimes.com/articles/2005/10...92000509a4.txt

2. How was this the empolyee's fault?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I'm not saying it was. But I am shocked at the lack of interest in trying to see that the guy got something for his money other than firewood.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Error
    I'm not saying it was. But I am shocked at the lack of interest in trying to see that the guy got something for his money other than firewood.
    i dont see the issue, no matter how bad the service, once you threaten a persons life, you get arrested, simple as that, he should be glad she didnt have a concealed carry permit, his ass could have been killed. He should have just calmly asked to see the superviser,and when he wasnt satisfied with the resolution he should have called the district manager, he would have gotten his due, you get belligerant and threaten people, you should be put in a cage for a bit, frankly i woudlnt mind having heard that the manager was a blakc belt and when he started threatening to kill people and saying "what are you going to do big guy" that the manager had kicked his ass right there, you dont need to get belligerant to get results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

5. Look, I'm not condoning what he did. But I think the lack of caring to begin with was shocking. He bought the thing, found wood. Went back wanting to know what was going on, possibly asking for a refund, and gets stonewalled. I'd probably get pissed too.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Error
    Look, I'm not condoning what he did. But I think the lack of caring to begin with was shocking. He bought the thing, found wood. Went back wanting to know what was going on, possibly asking for a refund, and gets stonewalled. I'd probably get pissed too.
    id sympathise more if he hadne threatened to murder someone. that tends to make someone unsympathetic. and also, what proof do we ahve that he wasnt trrying to rip them off, if he had gone up the chain of command when he was unsatisfied, fine, then id feel bad for him. thats not what he did, a dick got arrested for trying to bully a woman with a threat of physical violence, i feel no pity.
    Squall's a dick.

7. But... what if there was a computer in the box, and he was trying to rip off the store? Happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Aw, he just got Punk'd!
    OMG <3 4EVA
    Scourge:Azumanga Daioh is exactly the same thing as Ninja Scroll.
    buttcheeks: High school so weird

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog
    But... what if there was a computer in the box, and he was trying to rip off the store? Happens.

Most likely that was what happend. Most refund thieves will get angry to try to make the employees feel more open into believing that its true. Don't ask why this would work but it does.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

10. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog
    Most likely that was what happend. Most refund thieves will get angry to try to make the employees feel more open into believing that its true. Don't ask why this would work but it does.
    usually beacuse reatail workers are either A. apathetic teenagers B. old /middle aged married ladies or C soul dead burnouts who just dont care. if it looks liek it will be work or if they are incapable of protectign themselves, they wont put up a fuss when a customer goes nuts..i find it funny myself. keepin mind, i work in retail and get peopel like this all the time. its kind of funny because they often try to intimidate my friend who is a tiny slender girl, and when they get to this level she just walks over to wherever i am and gets me to discuss it with them..amazingly they quit being belligerant..cant imagine why
    Squall's a dick.