Thread: Really weird DVD player problem.

1. Really weird DVD player problem.

OK, dunno if this belongs here but anyways: Last month I bought a nice slimline, Phillips progressive scan DVD player. It plays all my discs with no issue except for one weird anomaly. A few weeks ago on my 2 and 3 Invader Zim discs, whenever starting an episode it will display the animatic/alternate angle icon int he top right corner of the screen and I just can't get rid of it. My vol 1 Zim DVD does not do this. They never used to do this and until a few weeks ago played without the angle icon displayed. I have dug through the player's set up menus and made sure animatics/angles are turned off int he Zim menus. Maybe the discs have gone goofy, would resurfacing them maybe fix it? Much thanks in advance if someone can help me.

2. i also recently just got a slim phillips dvd player and while i havnt had the same problem as you any time ive had a problem i hit the "system menu" button on the remote and then press it again. sometimes with movies on cd's and such ill get audio out of sync and stuff and this usually fixes it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    i also recently just got a slim phillips dvd player and while i havnt had the same problem as you any time ive had a problem i hit the "system menu" button on the remote and then press it again. sometimes with movies on cd's and such ill get audio out of sync and stuff and this usually fixes it.
    Yeah unfortunately this does nothing. Have hit that button many times. I'm guessing it must be the discs themselves because again, Zim vol 1 and 2 are the only DVDs in my entire library with this weird little issue. Oh well, not too big an issue since otherwise it is an awesome DVD player so far. If anything maybe I can use it as an excuse to replace the two Zim discs with the Zim deluxe box set.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 19 Oct 2005 at 01:34 AM.