Thread: Gunbuster on DVD

1. Gunbuster on DVD

I'm going through and cataloging my VHS anime tapes, because I'm getting ready to have a stupid-huge auction for them all. While going through them, I come across Gunbuster, and realize that I still don't have it on DVD. I know it wasn't on DVD for forever, but I figured by this point, it HAD to be.

Well, it still isn't.

So, here's my question - are there any really good bootleg copies for sale out there? Normally I hate to go that route, but it seems like this might be the only way to get it on DVD with English subs. I know the UK has a version, but being PAL, I don't think it would work over here.

Anybody have a copy of Gunbuster on DVD that could testify to how good (or bad) it is? Sometimes bootlegs are pretty crap, other times they are amazingly good.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. I have the ebay bootleg whatever version and while the video and audio are great, the subtitles are terrible. I had previously seen the first 4 episodes on tape so I could somewhat decipher the subs, but I really regret watching the last two episodes on the bootleg. Manga is so stupid. I hate them.