Thread: Minmay's voice actress goes dubbing.

1. Minmay's voice actress goes dubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anime News Network
    First Japanese Actress to Reprise a Role on an English Anime DubADV Films announced today at Oni-Con that Mari Iijima will be providing the voice of Lynn Minmay in ADV's upcoming English dub of Super Dimensional Fortress Macross. This is, to our knowledge, the first time that a Japanese voice actor has reprised their role in an English anime dub.

“We couldn’t be happier,” said ADV Spokesman Chris Oarr. Mari Ijima is a talent of the first rank, and the fact that she has such a strong connection with Macross makes this really special.”

ADV's David Williams stated, "In addition we'll be filming some extras with her and adding other extras." Iijima is expected to be a part of the commentary track on some episodes.

In 1982 Macross was Ijima's debut in the spotlight. She reprised the role in the 1984 movie Macross: Do You Remember Love?

Her voice has also been used in several Macross video games, and the unrelated 2004 video game Cy Girls ("Cool Girl" in Japan). She has also acted in a few movies and TV series, however she has not voice acted for an anime since Macross: Do You Remember Love?

Iijima has released 20 albums in Japanese and English since her debut album, Rose, in 1983. Several of her albums reached the top 10 in Japan. Her most recent album, "Wonderful People" included collaborations with top artists such as the John Mayer Band. The album topped the indie charts for 5 straight weeks when it was released.

Despite 20 years of musical success, Iijima remains best known for her work on Macross, a fact that she has referred to as both "bitter & sweet."
    Holy shit, that's nuts.

2. That is pretty crazy.

Speaking of Do You Remember Love?, is it out on DVD? I suddenly wanted to watch it again the other day. Or is ADV going to be releasing it as part of this?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

3. It seems like she's profficient in both languages, so this should turn out well.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. "Oh Lick! Prease sabu me!"
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. Yeah, this is pretty cool, but do we need even more Macross DVDs? I mean, we already have Robotech a couple times over, and isn't that enough for...

...yeah, I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead on this subject.