Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get Rich or Die Tryin

1. Get Rich or Die Tryin

I'm sure you guys seen the trailers etc for this movie. I laughed when I saw it, but for some sick sad reason , I'f I'm really bored, and I don't have nothing else to do, I might go see it.

The acting from the trailer didn't look to bad, until I saw him supposedly as a father figure....

Anyway, pre opinion of the movie?

IMDB PAGE

This guy gets special cred from me cause he's one of my favorite characters in "The Predator" besides Arnold.
    Last edited by Zerohero; 24 Oct 2005 at 01:15 PM.
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

2. Pass.

3. Well this movie wont be anywhere as good as " Menace to society", and " Boy'z in the Hood".

4. Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    This guy gets special cred from me cause he's one of my favorite characters in "The Predator" besides Arnold.
    That's "Predator," not "The Predator," you bone-smuggler.

Nice red X, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerohero
    Well this movie wont be anywhere as good as " Menace to society", and " Boy'z in the Hood".
    I love those 80's urban gang movies. Juice and Strapped were cool, too.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

A scene or two was filmed in my neighborhood. That along with the fact I enjoyed 8 Mile means I'll definitely catch it.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

6. I saw the trailer for this, and it looks like they were a few months late. "Hustle and Flow" came out a few months ago, and looked a lot better. But then again "8 Mile" came out like 2 years before that.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

7. Hustle and Flow was boring as hell. Nice girls in it though.

I migggght try.. ah who the fuck I'm I kidding. At best I'll download it via bitcomet.

8. Saw a trailer for this at DOOM. Fell out of my theater seat laughing. Got mean looks from some 'thugz'.

Laughed more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. This movie looks like it glorifys the whole violent, fuck everyone gansta culture. It's cool when it's done in jest like in GTA: SA and when issues are addressed but not glorified in movies like Boy'z in the Hood but this movie kind've seems to support such negative and criminal actions. I think I'll pass.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

10. Just watched this movie and its not as bad as people try to pass it off. Either people are racist, or dont like 50 a little too much. As far as glorifying "gansta culture" it actually doesn't, and movies like "The Godfather", and " Goodfellas" glorify the mafia culture which is equaly stupid and bad. The only connection I can make to why idiots on imdb rate it low is 2 things.

Again, they are either racist, or hate 50 to the point of just giving the movie a 1/10 for the hell of it. No movie deserves a 1 out of 10 unless it just doesn't execute shit it all. I hated "Land of the Dead", but I know its not a 1/10 quality movie. It had a story that it poorly ,IMO, progressed through, no different than this movie. The lowest I'd give this movie is a 5/10.