Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: scary movies

1. scary movies

Let's get some recommendations for halloween appropriate scary movies...

I like candyman.

Just about anything Vincent Price. House of Wax, the Fly, any of the AIP films.

Romero's "Dead" quadrilogy is a good bet too. In fact, I'd recommend those instead. Maybe top it off with Creepshow. Everything else is pretty weak or just not as good as the aforementioned titles.

John Carpenter's stuff might be a little more appropriate. A lot of it hasn't aged too well and kids these days hate cinematic elements like "tension". "Halloween" doesn't have the impact it used but it's still a staple so definitely put it on your list. Throw in the obvious "the Thing" and maybe even "the Fog". I'd think twice about the Fog actually as it's one of aforementioned slow-moving movies (no pun intended).

If you liked Candyman, definitely try out Hellraiser. It's a hundred times better and that's saying something because Candyman is an already awesome flick. The other Clive Barker movies are pure ass though so don't bother.

Aside from those picks I guess playing the Sleepy Hollow cartoon might be neat as a little bumper between movies. The dvd of that also has the Mickey Mouse "Ghostbusters" short. Just an idea I guess.

And just as a side note, just because it's a horror movie it doesn't mean it'll go well during a Halloween party or whatever. I'd love to sit back and watch a Texas Chainsaw Massacre/Last House on the Left/I Spit on your Grave triple feature someday but I'll probably get sent to jail soon after the neighbors report me.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

3. Barf! Barf! Barf!

The Movie Minute lied. I did not love Blank Check.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

5. Sucks.

Get Evil Dead 1 and 2. Tons of fun shit to be had there.

Also recommend The Howling, Chopping mall, Faces of Death and Reanimator.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

Oh and of course the ultimate punk rock horror movie ever made, Return of the Living Dead.

7. Tar-man fucking ruled that flick.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

8. Why buy/rent a halloweeen movie. I'm sure channels like Scifi,AMC,Bravo will have marathons of movies. maybe you'll see one of the classics like frankenstein.

All of those channels do a fine job butchering those movies.

10. For free.