Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The war against Scientomogy.com

1. The war against Scientomogy.com

Found this while surfing some celeb stories on MSNBC.com. The sad thing is, it's not a professionally done site at all (basically just a collection of links to unflattering scientology/Tom Cruise news stories and video clips slapped together, photoshopped pics of him in straitjackets, ect.) and the church is literally at war against it. Some dude in australia makes a site making fun of tom cruise, now he has PIs camping outside his house and people trying to get him fired. Worth a look though if you need your daily dose of scientoligy bashing:

www.scientomogy.com
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 24 Oct 2005 at 08:39 PM.

2. Wrong forum.

3. is there a video game involved in this or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

4. What is Scientology anyways?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    Wrong forum.
    I posted it in sound off. Or i thought i did.

edit: Crap, so i didn't.

6. Quote Originally Posted by jonas
    What is Scientology anyways?
    A religion made up by science fiction author L Ron Hubbard for the sole reason of making money. Seriously.

Craploads of people in Hollywood (John Travolta, Tom Cruise, list goes on) get sucked into this stuff for some reason.

edit: It's about how our body is controlled by invisible things called Thetans and the leader of the world is some alien named Xenu. I could be fuzzy about the details because frankly I think anyone who believes in it is a stupid dipshit. But hey, whatever.

7. Quote Originally Posted by SXA
    A religion made up by science fiction auther L Ron Hubbard for the sole reason of making money. Seriously.

Craploads of people in Hollywood (John Travolta, Tom Cruise, list goes on) get sucked into this stuff for some reason.
    Bored rich people being blackmailed, basically. The Church of Scientology must have some irrefutable proof that Mr. Cruise likes the wang, and they blackmailed him for just about all he's worth.

I seriously hope that this ridiculous cult dies alongside its creator.

8. I don't think he is being blackmailed at all. He is just too wacky over the top happy to be blackmailed. More like, the religion enables his weird fantasy world of denial. Don't forget that Mimi Rogers his first wife has said many times in interviews that "Tom always wanted to be a priest more than an actor or husband." When he was a teenager he seriously wanted to enter the priesthood.

I think the draw of the religion for celebrities is that it pampers their egocentric and endlessly insecure minds. Not feeling "successful" enough as a celeb? Scientoligy's courses will "make things happen for you" and make you more "positive." The whole religion is about "climbing the ladder" and "leveling up," it's like like an evil real life RPG masquerading as a religion. Celebs want to feel like they are "getting ahead" in life in ways we normal folks think are superficial but that the cult helps them realize somehow.

A few examples of the many creepy and bizarre questions Katie had to answer in her first "auditing" session:

"Have you ever acted when you should have philosiphized?"

"Have you ever been castrated/castrated someone?"

9. L Ron Hubbard is dead, no? That guy is a genius, but he he used his powers for evil.

10. I wouldn't say he was a genius.
    His sci-fi was crap, and he was certifiably insane.
    He's on about the same level as Rael.