Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner

1. http://www.atlus.com/jewelsummoner/

I lost most of my interest until I clicked on the Sound section. Man, I hope there's a good game to go along with the soundtrack.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Ammadeau View Post
    And also women with monster tits. With designs like those though, I'd play it more for the music.
    ...what would you play it for if the women had smaller breasts?

3. I'm only like an hour in. The voice acting is pretty hellacious (though I'm sure you've heard much worse), but I've already laughed out loud a couple times at the dialogue. The battles seem extremely simple, and control with the directional buttons is kinda sucky (the view is isometric and you have to hold diagonal to run straight).

The font is a lil' blurry. I know it's possible to display razor-sharp text on the PSP, but evidently this is not a priority for the localizers. If the first hour is any indication, you will spend a lot of time reading, so I find this to be inexcusable.

Beautiful 2D art in all non-dungeon areas makes me happy.

4. I'm glad I skipped this one.

Atlus, bring over something good, pls (like Brave Story and Suikoden I & II and Princess Crown and the SMT port, damn it).
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

5. Brave Story is Sony's I believe. And really good from what I read. Pretty ridic that it hasn't been announced for the US.

6. Funny, i read Brave Story was straight down the line "alright, i guess."

I passed over Jewel Summoner for Izuna today. woo more Fushigi no Dungeon games in the US!

[edit] of which i can never find out if Izuna is really one or not. It isn't, is it? Just completely identical, and according to an unpopular reviewer who appreciates the genre, is actually a pretty good fnd-type game.
    Last edited by Finch; 08 Mar 2007 at 02:56 AM.
    Donk

7. Falcom-expert Wyrdwad/Tom over on gamefaqs talks up Brave Story all the time. I trust him because he knows the greatness that is PoPoLoCrois.

8. I don't know how many hours I have played this game, but it is slow going the first however many hours because the characters just won't shut up. They just keep talking and talking and talking. I like the combat, it is straightforward but you have to hit your enemies with the correct element weakness, otherwise you will lose turn and drag out the fight (if not outright dying). It is not as simple as it looks, especially with many ways to upgrade your monsters.

Once you are in dungeon, getting lost and stuff, it is fun. It might be the best RPG on the PSP (but that's not saying much).