Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on?

1. What is going on?

I have Road Runner at home and at work, starting yesterday I can no longer get to the site from home.

From work I am just fine, I heard that CKA was doing something with the site but had read no announcements or saw any other complaints.

Anyone know what is going on?

2. I cannot get to the site from home either, only school.

3. Are your ISPs blocking TNL?

4. I have the exact same problem. Access from work, but no access from home. Using the same browser and I have the same ISP at home that I have at work.

Giltch Guest
    Yesterday I could access the site from school but not from home. Weird.

6. Please post traceroute outputs from wherever you can't access the site... I'm not doing anything to defer people from accessing it. Methinks it's your isp's problem.

(run tracert the-nextlevel.com >tracert.txt in a dos box and attach tracert.txt in this thread when you are able to access)

7. OMG Doc is hacking teh board!

8. Seems to be a DNS issue. I hard-coded the IP address I got from pinging www.the-nextlevel.com at work into my host file here at the house, and I can get through fine. I'm on Bellsouth DSL. Can't run a tracert without that entry in my host file; Says unable to resolve target system name. Odd for a bunch of DNS servers to just drop the entry for TNL.

I can get TNL from home but not from work.

This is unacceptable.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. shouldn't be on tnl at work anyway you goddamn noob

Quote Originally Posted by Wolffen
    Seems to be a DNS issue. I hard-coded the IP address I got from pinging www.the-nextlevel.com at work into my host file here at the house, and I can get through fine. I'm on Bellsouth DSL. Can't run a tracert without that entry in my host file; Says unable to resolve target system name. Odd for a bunch of DNS servers to just drop the entry for TNL.
    someone might be dns poisoning the domain... that or your isps nameservers suck. Drop this into your hosts file (\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts I think):

www.the-nextlevel.com<TAB>67.19.121.90

All should be good after that.