Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you hook up a video game console to a laptop?

1. Can you hook up a video game console to a laptop?

Yeah, can you?

HD TV's are just outta my league.

2. Why would you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Cause my TV is older than me.

4. won't it look like ass though?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    won't it look like ass though?
    Are you saying that if it was to be done it would look crappy?

I thought computer monitors are higher resolution than most TV's, especially one from 1985.

6. putting an old system that can only do rca/composite out, then filter that thru a video card......then the difference in res. im no wizard at this stuff but yeah, it'll probably look like poop.

7. Not only does it not look good, but the one time I did get it working there was a noticable delay between button pressing and the action on the monitor. I was using an ATI all in wonder or something like that I think.

8. Umm....ok, I didnt understand a word you said but it sounds hard......and worthless if what you say is right.

I just want a nice display to play my video games on without spending a grand on it.

9. I knew someone who had some sort of device hooked up to her laptop that enabled this. Never seen the RCA input so I don't know if there was a delay or not, but it also had an input for cable, and she watched TV on her laptop.

I thought about hunting for something like that, since living on campus means I don't have a lot of room for much of anything. I ended up just buying a small TV. It's not that great, but the upside of this is that when I play on a bigger TV, I am always awestruck by how good games actually look.

10. There is no way to directly connect the console to the LCD. The LCDs on laptops comunicate directly with the video card and usualy not in an sort of standard used by a console.

You can do a USB or PCMCIA TV tuner card and use that, but the quality will be poor at best as your converting from NTSC back to the LCD's native resolution.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin