Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More shady Viz video business

1. Mad More shady Viz video business

Viz has just announced that they will be releasing Naruto on dub only with a subbed version to come later. Wtf are we living in 95 again with VHS anime...I think not.

To add another bigger punch to the face of anime fans, One piece will not be recieving an un-edited, subbed verison at all. So if you plan on seeing One piece on dvd, hope you enjoy the 10 year old dumbed down 4kids verison.

I hope people light their email box full of blasting emails.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial
    To add another bigger punch to the face of anime fans, One piece will not be recieving an un-edited, subbed verison at all. So if you plan on seeing One piece on dvd, hope you enjoy the 10 year old dumbed down 4kids verison.
    FUCK. I actually like One Piece.

Great job giving people reason not to hunt down fansubs there, guys.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

3. Yea I was actually waiting on the Dvd's so I could watch One piece also. After reading and hearing about all the edits, plus 4Kids being the ones doing the job.

DOWNLOAD THE SHIT ASSHOLE!

5. Sucks for Naruto. Though the dub isn't that bad.

I have tried to watch One peice(never seen the subbed) but I heavily doubt some american VA and a few changed words can make the difference between crap and the masterpeice that so many tell me One Peice (subbed) is.

6. One piece is more than changed words. They actually edit out smoking, drinking and some of the more violent stuff. I've never watched the anime, but I've seen pics of Sanji sucking lollypops.....when he's supposed to be a heavy smoker. Plus the manga has its fair share of blood.

7. One Piece is a monstrosity in its dubbed form. It's hardly the same thing at all. Huge chunks of episodes cut out, graphical and sound edits, they took out the WHOLE soundtrack, and they also cut out entire arcs. Then there's the usual language and violence cuts. To give perspective on how much they cut and splice, they're up to episode 35 in the dub, which is the same as episode 70 in the real show.

8. Woah. That is a lot.

9. Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword
    One Piece is a monstrosity in its dubbed form. It's hardly the same thing at all. Huge chunks of episodes cut out, graphical and sound edits, they took out the WHOLE soundtrack, and they also cut out entire arcs. Then there's the usual language and violence cuts. To give perspective on how much they cut and splice, they're up to episode 35 in the dub, which is the same as episode 70 in the real show.
    HOLY SHIT.

I thought we were past the days of crap like this going down.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

10. Yea the manga is full of some blood spurting, pirate drinking and smoking. I knew there was no way that would fly with 4kids. I can only imagine how they had to change the story or flat out skip parts where major characters are flat out killed in cold blood.