Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: More shady Viz video business

1. Quote Originally Posted by Galaxia
    Laaaame lame lame.

I know that it sucks, but I'd rather have Stars left untouched by crappy American companies. It's my favorite season.
    Dang, I was trying to wait it out in the hopes that Sailor Stars would get a domestic release. Oh well. *goes to eBay*

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxia
    Laaaame lame lame.

I know that it sucks, but I'd rather have Stars left untouched by crappy American companies. It's my favorite season.
    I like the two lesbian scouts myself. I can only hope that one day I will grow up to be a lesbian salior scout with super powers, a hot green haired gf, and the ability to turn naked and materlize a cute miniskirt.

BTW, am I the only one that thought the american dub made the relationship between thsoe two even more weird? Not only are they lesbos, but cousins in the US edit. And yes, they are still lesbians. Only lovers give those kinds of googly eyes.

3. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    I like the two lesbian scouts myself. I can only hope that one day I will grow up to be a lesbian salior scout with super powers, a hot green haired gf, and the ability to turn naked and materlize a cute miniskirt.
    See now this is the problem they've been trying to avoid all along... turning america's precious little children into a bunch of lesbian sailor scouts in colored mini-skirts.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

4. Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    Unfortunately for the above scenario, fansub groups are just getting too damn good at what they do, making it even easier for a people to say "fuck it" and just go pirate.
    No kidding. With fansubs I can get uncensored episodes with a a good translation practically as fast as they come out in Japan, and if the quality is ever terrible I can look around for other groups and see if someone better tackled it. With DVDs you're usually at least a year (if not two or three or ten) behind, with no guarantee of a lack of censoring, the possibility that you might get shafted on the subtitles (either bad translations or you get something that's actually an amalgam of the altered English script and the original Japanese), and if any of that occurs and/or the transfer is shitty... you're stuck.

They almost released Princess Mononoke without the Japanese language track and as is it still shipped with horrific sound mixing, it took years to get a good transfer of GitS, and GitS 2 shipped with unremovable closed captioning in place of subtitles. And these are the high-profile movie releases aimed at all audiences and adults! With this kind of service, is there any wonder why so many fans would prefer to take the illegal route?

The groups that treat me right are the ones I don't pay. For some reason, that strikes me as incredibly retarded.

5. Yeah, the fact that I can watch a high quality, widescreen, well translated episode of Bleach less than a DAY after it airs in Japan really seals the deal for me.

6. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    The groups that treat me right are the ones I don't pay. For some reason, that strikes me as incredibly retarded.
    not retardation, it's all about corporate tactics. In their eyes, they don't care to go the extra mile to please their customers because as long as they have some form of income rolling to their bank accounts, there's really no need to give a damn over how they sell.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

7. Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    not retardation, it's all about corporate tactics. In their eyes, they don't care to go the extra mile to please their customers because as long as they have some form of income rolling to their bank accounts, there's really no need to give a damn over how they sell.
    That's special and I know that, but you're arguing something totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Seriously. Giving these guys your money is just stupid.
    That's what I'm thinking...