Page 1 of 109 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtua Fighter 5

1. Virtua Fighter 5

Here are two excellent looking new scans:

http://www.wretch.cc/album/show.php?...1130465517&p=2
    http://www.wretch.cc/album/show.php?...1130465516&p=1

Kind of strange; the models in some cases look nearly identical to their VF4 counterparts, yet in some screens it looks downright photorealistic. The lighting is fantastic.

So yeah, Virtua Fighter rocks. Go Sega.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. Rey Mysterio looks like a nice addition to the cast, there.

I'm not exactly excited about this. Until people in this country start caring about VF, it doesn't really matter how great of a game it is, it will never be that much fun. I loved VF4, I paid $50 for the first release on PS2 and I think I got that much fun out of it, but no fighting game can keep your interest forever if you always have to play it alone. Even if it's really deep, why bother if you never get to test your skill against real people?

It's kind of discouraging, because yeah, these are really cool games. But I'd rather play SF2WW with my friends than playing VF alone, and I know that's probably what I'd end up doing.

I don't know what it is. Maybe the learning curve is intimidating? Maybe the character designs are hideously unappealing? Even after seeing them since the first VF, yeah, they're still pretty bad.

In any event, it's kind of sad.

3. "WHOS THAT JUMPIN OUT THE SKY? R-E-Y! MYSTERIO, HERE WE GO!"

seriously, wtf is this shit? and people talk about tekken having horrible designs(fucking irony to the nth degree).

and yes, grave is correct. until there is worthwhile competition for this title outside of japan, the only people who will care are VF diehards and "JAPAN IS SUPERIOR" kids.
    XBL Gamertag = XMrWhitefolksX

4. Quote Originally Posted by MrWhitefolks
    "WHOS THAT JUMPIN OUT THE SKY? R-E-Y! MYSTERIO, HERE WE GO!"

seriously, wtf is this shit? and people talk about tekken having horrible designs(fucking irony to the nth degree).

and yes, grave is correct. until there is worthwhile competition for this title outside of japan, the only people who will care are VF diehards and "JAPAN IS SUPERIOR" kids.
    so you're going to make a blanket statement and say that vf has horrible character design because one new character looks like rey mysterio?

wow.

5. Those scans don't work for me for some reason.

6. Assuming next-gen hardware, I'd say you can play online against your h4rdc0r3 Japanese players. That would solve the problem.

Oh, and Mexican wrestlers make EVERYTHING better.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Zerodash
    Assuming next-gen hardware, I'd say you can play online against your h4rdc0r3 Japanese players.
    Doubt it.

edit: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/661/661575p1.html
    The creators reveal that Virtua Fighter 5 will not feature Online fights. While it's technically possible, they feel that doing so would create something other than Virtua Fighter. Instead of allowing for direct fights, they hope to build upon the network functionality featured in VF4, allowing for greater player communication and building up a strong community.
    Last edited by epmode; 28 Oct 2005 at 09:11 AM.

8. So, what exactly is network functionality?

9. I'm not seeing any pictures on that site, no matter what I click on.

EDIT: Found a ZIP file containing the scans here.
    Last edited by ∀ Narayan; 28 Oct 2005 at 09:52 AM.
    Currently playing: Binary Domain (PC), EVE Online: Retribution (PC), Guild Wars 2 (PC)

10. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    So, what exactly is network functionality?
    The individualized gamer card, I assume (your record and unlocked items are stored on it.) Y'know, the concept that was ruined in VF4 Evo (PS2) since it only looked at one memory card slot.