Thread: Any Turbo Express TV tuner owners here?

1. Any Turbo Express TV tuner owners here?

While waiting for stuff like Mario Kart, AC, Tokobot and Popolocrois to be relased, I have taken a break from both my DS and PSP for awhile and have started playing my Turbo Express at work again (portable Bonk, Air Zonk, R-TYPE, Gradius, Twinbee, Parodius and Kyukyouku Tiger = bliss).

One item I am finally curious enough to buy is the TE TV tuner. Anyone here own it and if so how much can i expect to pay and what's the quality, reception, ect? I might like to have this for when my co-workers insist on watching Mind of Mencia.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 30 Oct 2005 at 05:52 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    One item I am finally curious enough to buy is the TE TV tuner. Anyone here own it and if so how much can i expect to pay and what's the quality, reception, ect? I might like to have this for when my co-workers insist on watching Mind of Mencia.
    I can't speak for the TE one, but if it's anything like the Game Gear one, do not bother with it unless it's free. I watched part of Oliver and Company on it once. There are better ways to entertain yourself on either console than watching fuzzy TV you can barely pick up with a huge-ass antenna. You named a whole ton of them.

3. Not to mention, with HDTV supposed to take over soon these old style analog tuners won't even work anymore
    "The only way microsoft would make something that doesn't suck is if they made vacuums"

4. I'd pass. A collector item, and that's about it.

5. I liked the TE tuner a lot. I used to use it to watch tv on the way home from work on the train. But I lived in Chicago at the time and could easily pick up about 20 channels via an antenna, so probably got better reception than most people.

And the TE's screen is a lot sharper and higher res than the GG's, so tv looks better on it (also owned the GG tuner)

6. I have one. It came in handy during the blackout.

7. Thanks for the info guys.

Not to mention, with HDTV supposed to take over soon these old style analog tuners won't even work anymore
    Good point.