Thread: DVD-RW drive installation issue

1. DVD-RW drive installation issue

I recently purchased a Samsung DVD+-RW drive for my Dell 4600, and let me tell you, was it a bitch. Dell doesn't really want you getting into their towers at all. After some slight cosmetic mutilation I managed to unplug the existing CD-RW and install the DVD-RW.

I reboot my computer and it now things both my DVD-ROM and secondary drive do not exist. Does anyone know offhand what I might want to do to solve the problem?

2. Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword
    I recently purchased a Samsung DVD+-RW drive for my Dell 4600, and let me tell you, was it a bitch. Dell doesn't really want you getting into their towers at all. After some slight cosmetic mutilation I managed to unplug the existing CD-RW and install the DVD-RW.

I reboot my computer and it now things both my DVD-ROM and secondary drive do not exist. Does anyone know offhand what I might want to do to solve the problem?
    if they're IDE and on the same cable you need to make sure that the jumpers on the back of the drives are set properly. One to "master" and the other to "slave". If you plan on doing a lot of disk to disk copying put them on seperate ide cables.