Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Robobo - Now with more designs!

Do what you like and what you know and it'll show in the end result. It'll find an audience online.

Try to twist your humor to please most of the people and you'll end up with garbage.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    I don't know why I'm so hesitant to make my own webcomic. Evidence such as the above really points to there being no way I could possibly lose.
    You mean the fact that TNL doesn't represent the entire 3 billion population of earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    Do what you like and what you know and it'll show in the end result. It'll find an audience online.

Try to twist your humor to please most of the people and you'll end up with garbage.
    My thoughts exactly. Let's hug.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo

I disagree. No one but yourself finds this comic funny or even passibly entertaining, that leaves your audience at one person. Watch some funny movies (real ones) and copy them.

4. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok
    I disagree. No one but yourself finds this comic funny or even passibly entertaining, that leaves your audience at one person. Watch some funny movies (real ones) and copy them.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. They think they speak for everyone.
    When in reality there are thousands of people surrounding this one person. For them to think that their opinion is the whole of everyone around them is in itself quite a funny comic. Run free. Run free.....

If people like Ctrl-Alt-Del they'd like ANYTHING.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok
    This statement isn't correct, though. TNL has been the only place where I've gotten this overly negative reaction to the comic, which is kind of why I wanted to post it in the first place.

Penny Arcade, the most popular and profitable of all online comics, has forums full of members who think their stuff sucks. I think I'm going to give it a little while before I make any drastic changes, but I'm definitely going to improve.

A lot of people hate Everybody Loves Raymond, yet I find that show funny and it was the most popular sitcom on television for five years or more. Some people hate Seinfeld. So it's going to be balancing act to find out which advice to take, and which advice to stand firm against.

But advice and feedback is needed before this can happen. Anyway, Mzo made a good point about changing your goal to suit the needs of everybody. Right now this is a hobby, and for the prolonged time being I am going to keep it as this. I'm not a webcomic that asks for donations or sells t-shirts. I just want to give people some mild amusement while they're slacking off at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    If people like Ctrl-Alt-Del they'd like ANYTHING.
    I don't hate CAD, but it's not my favorite comic ever. There's no doubt about it that some of his zany jokes are funny and his artwork is good, too. Anyway thanks a lot Mzo. I wasn't expecting you of all people to really step up with the good feedback for me. That was my mistake.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 08 Aug 2006 at 08:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. I think Penny Arcade and Everybody Loves Raymond are pretty good at what they do.

I'm not talking about my opinion. I'm talking about comedy in general, it's 85% delivery. The delivery and the set ups both suck. The comic you posted up top barely has a punchline and is two panels too long.

8. Quote Originally Posted by jonas
    You mean the fact that TNL doesn't represent the entire 3 billion population of earth?
    Something like that... Webcomics in general prove my idealistic standards towards my work (which I will never ever reach) are far too high. I just need to suck it up and do something, even if it's not the masterpiece I'd like, it'll undoubtedly still find an audience.

9. (to dave_is_ok)That is your opinion though. Some people will not agree with you. Therefore it's your opinion.
    Last edited by jonas; 02 Nov 2005 at 02:52 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I'm not a webcomic that asks for donations or sells t-shirts.
    I am.
    Last edited by Kidnemo; 02 Nov 2005 at 02:54 PM.