Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1626282930

Thread: Robobo - Now with more designs!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.JPG 
Views:	770 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	20021  
    I took all your French Toast.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    I loled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver
    Know what's not cute? Your avatar...

and Rose is Rose.
    yore avatar is not cute. But i like it anyway. Rose is Rose is too cute.
    Donk

4. Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    lol

Good call sleeveboy, they are getting better.

5. After the positive feedback in this thread I felt compelled, for the sake of scientific inquiry, to view some of the newer strips myself to see if there had indeed been a shift in the quality.

There hasn't. Still crap. A sight gag old as dirt not even well executed.

I will concede that the art looks a lot less asstastic, the shadowing especially.
    Time for a change

6. Quote Originally Posted by sleeveboy
    Why? Because it looks like Andrew and Jonas are channeling their frustrations at TNL into their comic. And it is a good thing. Anger, frustration, humiliation, ostracision, injustice -- these things are the root of good comedy. I urge Andrew and Jonas to continue to channel their anger into their comic, instead of burning it off in righteous indignation on TNL.
    See, that would be nice and all but Andrew and jonas claim that they just shrug off the criticisms on TNL. EVIDENTLY NOT ROFL.

The drawing is improving though, its not as "goober" as I remember, but that may be a fluke. It's still not good, but better.

Honestly what I think will happen anyway is Andrew's drawing may continue to improve but jonas' shitty unfunny writing will leave it far behind.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Finch
    yore avatar is not cute. But i like it anyway. Rose is Rose is too cute.
    Soon as I make up a sig I'm gonna be all F-Channy with an AV/Sig combo from The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi.

I just don't like the style of Rose is Rose

8. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan
    See, that would be nice and all but Andrew and jonas claim that they just shrug off the criticisms on TNL. EVIDENTLY NOT ROFL.

The drawing is improving though, its not as "goober" as I remember, but that may be a fluke. It's still not good, but better.

Honestly what I think will happen anyway is Andrew's drawing may continue to improve but jonas' shitty unfunny writing will leave it far behind.
    It's not that though, man. We don't just 'shrug' off the criticism but you have to understand that TNL is only a small portion of people we try to please. Obviously we aren't going to please everyone because that's impossible. Even some people hate Seinfeld. I know - it's CRAZY but it happens.

I know at first I was so hard on everyone loving Robobo. I hated seeing people bash it (this post is perfect evidence) but now I don't mind when people don't like it and try my best to accept it.

The one thing I keep trying to say is that we make the comic because we find them funny and apparently so do a lot of other people. It took almost a year but we kept at it and now it's paying off. Our viewership is growing steadily by month (especially this month) and because we've kept at it we now have a pretty big archive of comics that most people can't get through on one sitting meaning they are going to return.

I know you hate me, you think I'm vile and need to be turned into a turnip but honestly, I like making Robobo and at least I know I can't please everyone. Gozen looks like the dude who won't ever be happy with Robobo and that's fine with me while people like Finch, Sleeveboy and Mzo are giving it a chance. Which is also fine.

The thing is - at the end of the day. You have to realize that we do care what people say about Robobo. Why wouldn't we? It's our creation we want everyone to love it and give us gold and money but reality is, that doesn't happen with anything but at least with Robobo we gave it a whirl, lots of people like it and lots of people don't. So that's not bad in my book.

We are coming up on our first year anniversary soon and it only will get better from there on in. (at least traffic wise, I can't say my sense of humor will ever change)

(Oh and by the way - that comic was a kind of off shoot from TNL but a bit of GameFAQs as well. Honestly I post more on Gamefaqs then I do on TNL. Simply because there are so many more idiots to fit in with. I thought of the 'badass on the Internet line because of you and so many other Internet posters. So there, are you happy being a badass on the Internet?)

One thing I do enjoy though is the fact this thread popped back up and continued to grow without any involvement with Andrew or I. That was kinda neat.
    Last edited by jonas; 17 Aug 2006 at 01:09 PM.