Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Australias Government goes batshit crazy

1. Australias Government goes batshit crazy

So, for the first time in my life, I am truly angry at my government. When they introduced a goods and services tax, I didn't mind, when they banned all automatic and most semi automatic fire arms, I thought it was okay, but fucking hell, you'll never guess what is going to be banned next.

PUNK ROCK.

Thats right, they are acutally passing laws that technically would make playing or broadcasting true punk rock illegal.

Firstly, a recap of some of their latest legislation that they're trying to pass:

VSU - Volentary School Union contributions. Basically, the government out of no where decided that its silly to have students pay a compulsory school union fee. Basically, all this fee did was fund things like the school canteens, sports and hobby clubs, shit like that. I haven't heard a single student or person affiliated with university in anyway say that this is a good move. I'm lead to believe that basically our government is trying to destroy the unions, one of their few opposing forces. More evidence of this:

Industrial Relations Reforms - The government is trying to pass legislation that will empower the employee and make all contracts negotiable on an individual level. Basically, it means the union can't do shit for you anymore, and the employer can shit on you all he likes ("Don't want to work overtime without penalty rates? well you're fired then, I'll hire someone who can"). Part of this legislation makes it unlawful to strike.

now the doosey - the real kick in the cunt with a glass covered AIDS boot - The new Anti-Terrorism laws.

These laws allow police to arrest you on suspicion of being a terrorist and keep you locked up for upto 7 days without further justification, which alone is fucking terrible. but get this, it makes sedition a jailable offense. Whats sedition? As defined by the laws, Any communication which can insite violence or civil disorder. It will now be illegal to plan a protest, a strike, or to ROCK OUT TO PUNK.

I am so fucking angry. If all this shit passes, I think I'll move to New Zealand. None of us want these laws, so they should not be able to pass them, however our country is out of our hands so they can apparently do as they please.

I needed to vent, sorry. Now please, laugh at the joke that is my nation.

Move to New Zealand. Theres, like, zero crime and legal pot.

3. New Zealand is Australias Canada.

4. And in New Zealand, the wildlife won't kill you.

I understand.

Maybe you shouldn't move there then.

6. Australia can't have a Canada.

7. I suggest going to Papua New Guinea.
    Or, at least Taiwan.
    OMG <3 4EVA
    Scourge:Azumanga Daioh is exactly the same thing as Ninja Scroll.
    buttcheeks: High school so weird

8. its about time someone got that island of criminals in order

Man, if that passes, Australia will offically suck more than the US.

Good job.

10. Now everyone sees the destructive power of boomerangs, digeredoos, Paul Hogan, and kangaroos. God bless the USA.