Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8101112

Thread: Megaman Powered Up PSP Official thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog
    Now I'm stuck in the 1st Wily stage. I dont know how to jump up on the part after the floating platforms of death+spikes section. Its too damn high and the damn green platforms wont go anywhere near another floor opening next to it for me to go that way.
    did you get the magnet beam hidden on elecman's stage that creates those blue-ish lazer platforms for you?

2. Anyone else notice the hesitation before MegaMan moves? Like, you'll hit the left or right directional button, and MegaMan will just ignore you for like half a sec, and then move. Like he's stuck to the ground for a brief instant. It's very disorienting and decidedly un-MM-ish, in that the series has always featured pinpoint precise controls.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Anyone else notice the hesitation before MegaMan moves? Like, you'll hit the left or right directional button, and MegaMan will just ignore you for like half a sec, and then move. Like he's stuck to the ground for a brief instant. It's very disorienting and decidedly un-MM-ish, in that the series has always featured pinpoint precise controls.
    Nope, I haven't noticed that.

4. God damn it, YES. It's obnoxious and i'm glad someone else noticed it. I thought i was the only one.
    Donk

5. I brought it up on the gamefaqs board and got torn apart (some rabid fanboys in those parts). Just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy.

I went back and played the first MegaMan again on the GameCube comp to see if it was there as well, and... it is, but to a far lesser degree. It was like they were trying to emulate this old quirk in Powered Up and took it way too far.

6. ^^^

Yeah. I definitely noticed it. But then I got over it pretty fast once I got into the game. Maybe it's a little more wonky but it still feels like MM1 control.

And seven months later, I still say it has set a standard for extra features and replay which other remakes should be judged by.