Page 1 of 12 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Megaman Powered Up PSP Official thread

1. Megaman Powered Up PSP Official thread

There is so much good news in this story I figured it'd make a nice post to kick off an official thread for the game which is now slated for "an early 06" U.S. release.

Megaman Powered Up, the U.S. rev of Rockman Rockman will feature:

*More strategic use of the original game's weapons

*Redesigned levels with the option to also play them in "classic layout" according to the original game's maps

Now we get to the really good stuff:

*Yeah, you know already about the level editor but not only can you design your level anyway you want, put that cyclops mech anywhere ya want, ect. You can even edit the music to your liking and drum roll get to trade your custom edited levels online via infrastructure mode.

*100 mini game style levels

*2 new levels and 2 new robot bosses

*You can also play as any of the game's 8 bosses.

Capcom has really put some effort for the fans into this one. Will we someday get to play as Metal Man and mix up some custom levels in the probable Mega Man 2 Powered Up installment? The possibilities....

...only bad news so far...cut scenes with shudder voice acting!

http://psp.ign.com/articles/665/665445p1.html

Mega Man Powered Up Announced

He's back with a slew of new toys.

by Juan Castro

November 8, 2005 - Capcom today announced a US version of Mega Man Powered Up, a remake of the original Mega Man title for the PSP. Originally on the Nintendo Entertainment System, Mega Man chronicles the story of Dr. Light and Mega Man, a household helper robot, as they try and save the world from a band of malevolent robots. Powered Up sticks to the original formula, meaning it's a 2D side-scroller chock-full of boss robots, themed stages and weapon upgrades.

But there's a lot more going on this time around. Powered Up features an updated visual style so every stage and character looks new, plus Mega Man and crew now have over-sized cartoon heads. Along with the visual overhaul, Powered Up packs fully revamped audio including a new soundtrack and remixed sound effects. Also, every cutscene in the game features full voice work.
    Levels have been redesigned as well, with each featuring modified map structures as well as varied item locations. Plus, acquiring items and upgrades will require different approaches as well, since Powered Up makes players think of new tricks to get past obstacles. Those who want the classic experience, however, will be happy to know that the classic level layout is available as an option.

And then there's the all-new level editor. Players will have the chance to create custom levels however they wish, including enemy and item placement, even music selection. Players will be able to unlock items in the level editor by collecting "item packs" from the main game. And yes, there's even the chance to trade custom levels with friends (and strangers) using the PSP's infrastructure (online) mode. Of course, levels uploaded by other players can be downloaded as well. There's even new "gameplay challenges" available through infrastructure mode, although what these are is currently unknown.

Powered Up also includes the Mega Man Challenge 100, which packs 100 mini-game style levels with their own objectives. And if that's not enough, there are two new levels with two new boss robots as well. Add the fact that players can now play as any of the eight boss robots in the game, not to mention (phew!) three difficulty levels, and Powered Up is looking like one, very expansive Mega Man game

Look for Mega Man Powered Up early 2006.

Stay tuned for more.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 11 Nov 2005 at 09:50 PM.

2. Best Mega Man Ever. I do hope they price this reasonably though.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. It'd also help if they'd get around to finally announcing a date for the PSP Capcom Collection and price that reasonably too.

4. Damn, I didn't expect nearly that much new content. Awesome.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

5. Damn. The Megaman Powered Up sounds sweet. I wish it was coming out for anything besides PSP because it would be an instant purchase. I just need a few more games to catch my attention like this one to push me into buying a PSP finally.

6. I've been wiating for some side-scrolling action on my PSP.

Damn, that's quite a surprise. This has my attention now.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

8. If this is 40 bucks or less and is accompanied by a few more quality PSP games and a PSP price drop I think I'll have to pick one up.

I played Socom on PSP today at EB, it was fun as an action game but the strategy aspects felt neutered. You use the awful analog slider nub for movement and can't freelook without standing still and holding a button. There's an auto lock system to make up for it, which drains out all the stealth and atmosphere of the game. It's fun to run around shooting people mashing autolock, but the fun of sneaking around in the bushes and taking someone out looks to be gone. I only played single player but I'm assuming that the auto lock is still there in multiplayer. This was a game that was going to push me further towards getting a PSP if done right. I don't know why I keep expecting the analog nub to suddenly become useful and fun to use, after getting let down by Battlefront 2 and now Socom I'm about ready to give up on the genre on PSP (the most appealing genre that I can't really get a fix for on my DS).

Capcom seems to be doing some great stuff on handhelds with Viewtiful Joe DS and now this, hopefully the sales will be there. I would hate to see the PSP permanently fall into the rut of just getting PS2 ports, handheld gamers want stuff like Mega Man.

9. I want to know what the two new bosses are going to be like! Capcom will have to use some restraint with these two in order for them to gel nicely.

None of this will be accepted:
    Barf! Barf! Barf!