Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding the Acquisition of Hats

1. Regarding the Acquisition of Hats

It is mostly done.

Click on the image! I have to redo some type and make a cover and the final 15th spread(the story more or less ends on the page before it though, so it doesn't matter too much that its not up right now). It was all colored in 2 days... and looks like it.

Opinions, maybe?

The last image won't load. What a kick in the balls.

Other than that its fantastic. But you knew that already. The story has flow, like song lyrics.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    The last image won't load. What a kick in the balls.
    It'll be up soon. After making the page I decided I didn't like it and deleted the image. I just redrew it though, so now I just have to dump some color on it and scan.

alsothanks.

4. It was werd most definately.

5. Good stuff. I think I found a typo.

On page number 12: http://www.ribaldyouth.com/hat12.shtml the poem recites:

"And the thing watched all of then as they left
    and remained motionless in the park, depressed"

Shouldn't the word then be them? I think this is the only thing I've found in the collection. I really enjoyed it, although a child having his head lobbed off may be a bit too violent an act for children. (even if the boy doesn't technically die) What age bracket are you aiming for with Regarding the Acquisition of Hats?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Yeah, I haven't combed it for typos yet. I'm doing that tonight.

I was going for... 7-9 or something like that. I didn't think about age brackets really though, I mostly just went with the "write something I would have liked to read when I was younger" idea. I think most kids could handle the head lopping though.

7. 6 - 10 is probably a good age bracket for the head lopping part. I usually think of things in terms of audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. This is definitely what I'd like to read when I was younger.

There are a couple words that, while I like stylistically, I wonder if the kids would understand, like "stalwart". Not a big deal though, learning is fun!

Page 12 has another typo! Slience

9. Cool cover image!

10. Creepy and fantastic, but perhaps it gives the intended audiences (kids and parents) too much credit? It's morally ambiguous, which is something I wonder if many parents could get behind. I think it's wonderful, though...(no I can't resist using cheesy puns).