Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Regarding the Acquisition of Hats

If you ever decide to put this book out, and want audio acompanyment let me know.

I'm hearing all kinds of things...

2. If I made a book I don't know if I'd be able to have audio with it since I'd probably use a print-on-demand service, but maybe as part of a flash presentation when I make my new site?

I bet you wanted to have a girl turn into a tree at some point even before you wrote the story.
    They just show up whenever I draw anything now. I try to avoid them but it is impossible =\

3. You know something? I have an idea involving Flash and traditional online edition technology that could really make your short story amazing to read online. The functions have page turns (so it animates as an actual page turn). Hmmm... this might be something I could do for Christmas land. I know people who do this shit for trade magazines.

I don't want to get your hopes up, but if this is doable you could put it up online and have it still read like a book.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

If I made a book I don't know if I'd be able to have audio with it since I'd probably use a print-on-demand service, but maybe as part of a flash presentation when I make my new site?
    Yeah. Let me know.

Its a busy time of year because I'm constantly being assaulted by different waves of family members, but I'll try and throw a something together.

5. Hey rezo, check out this type foundry's font style. Your work has a very organic, somewhat rustic yet bold feel to it and these fonts have a very nice, definite look and a very versatile family that would look good with your stuff.

http://www.withoutwalls.com/woodtype/

I love typography so much. Maybe I should apply for jobs at type foundries.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 16 Dec 2005 at 02:40 PM.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Thanks,I was looking for fonts quite like those when picking for the book, actually. I probably won't use them for a long time(if ever) because of the price though.

also: a few days after my last comment in this topic I decided to go with a Casey at the Bat-ish ending, where after "it was morning" it will just talk about random people waking up and going to work and stuff with the same very final image of the guy walking.

7. If I ever get my hands on it through more clandestine channels I will let you know.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 17 Dec 2005 at 09:16 AM.

I love the artwork, some of the poetry is a bit awkward, but for the most part it's really good. My favourite page is http://www.ribaldyouth.com/hat7.shtml

I do enjoy the last three pages, very much.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

9. Dude. I just wanted to say that I 100% totally love this project. Incredible art style and a super cool idea. Send this stuff out to publishers ASAP.

Ive been plunking away illustrations for a kid's book for quite some time - but man, you always seem to bust quality stuff out left and right with the quickness. Very well done.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series