Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Zelda: Twilight Princess

1. If they hadn't put anything concrete about the GC release into the retail channel, I might be inclined to believe it, but they've had trailers explicitly stating it a GC release on the last couple of demo discs they've put in retailers' GC kiosks. I'm really skeptical that they'd go back after a hard announcement to retailers/consumers like that.

2. At the very least it will be the perfect swan song for the Gamecube. Follow it up with the quickness with a Revolution launch loaded with Mario 128, and with the fresh interest the system would most likely fare much better.

3. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru
    Um... because the DS is successful and the GC isn't? And since when did VG companies like Nintendo give a shit about "abandoning" anyone? They are all about the almighty $, and Zelda + Revolution > Zelda + GC
    zelda=GC with 20 mil. usebase>Zelda with Rev userbase which will probably tap at 1 or 2 mil worldwide at launch.

Smash brothers and FF:CC 2 are the killer apps Nintendo is banking the Rev on.

4. Why should I even care anymore?

The Revolution won't sell at launch unless it's next holidays. At most they'll have Mario and maybe some sort of Metroid at launch. No thanks. Been there, done that. Plus maybe a few controller doodad specific games that I really don't want.
    Time for a change

5. Even though you don't know what they are.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

6. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    At most they'll have Mario and maybe some sort of Metroid at launch. No thanks. Been there, done that.
    ...Annnnnd... other console launches are mostly original IPs? There's like 2 games in the 360 lineup whose titles don't have a number in them.

7. To be fair, a new Metroid would have a 99% chance of being very much like Prime and Prime 2, which doesn't sound appealing to me at all.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Tain
    To be fair, a new [insert franchise here] would have a 99% chance of being very much like [insert franchise here] and [insert franchise here] 2, which doesn't sound appealing to [someone who is not a fan of previous installments] at all.
    See, this formula could be used for almost any game for any new/upcoming system.

9. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy
    Nintendo still needs to keep the GameCube market alive until Revolution comes.
    The Gamecube market is already dead. Thanks for playing.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

10. Quote Originally Posted by Kano on the Phone
    The Gamecube market is already dead. Thanks for playing.
    It's certainly not rosy, but they're still selling 100,000+ consoles a month. Kind of a stretch to call that "dead", IMO.