Page 5 of 115 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Zelda: Twilight Princess

1. O_O I'm shocked. I saw your name and expected "Finch, you dumb" and then something that made a lot more sense than what i typed.
    Donk

2. If Nintendo moves Twilight Princess, they'll have effectively left the home console market for like 8-11 months, which would be a very bad thing. TP will have the effect of stimulating GC sales somewhat, both system and games.

The game isn't designed to take advantage of the Revolution controller, so it would, in fact, make a lousy big debut title for the new system. Nintendo has already vowed to have Mario there on launch day; he's far more adaptable to showing of the remotroller, and is a guaranteed system mover. If Nintendo shot both big bullets in their gun at Revo launch, they'd have nothing left to carry sales later on; they need another follow up Zelda to carry Rev's 2nd or 3rd holiday season (likely 3rd; expect a big buildup to remotroller kiler-app Metroid for the second).

Not to mention the fact that they'd have to completely redo the art assets so the game didn't look previous-gen; Nintendo can't afford to have that franchise lose any of its lustre.

And that, folks, is why Twilight Princess will be on GC this spring, just like Nintendo has said all along. End of story.
    -Kyo

3. This game better not suck. No matter which piece of plastic it's on.

4. i will dry hump this game until my stick bleeds.

5. StriderKyo hit the nail on the head. Zelda is staying on the Cube. Having Zelda dropped from the Cube would be the equivalent of Moore telling Sega fans: "The Saturn is not in it's future plans."

Besides, Pilotwings was a planned title for the GC, that was dropped to bring it over to the Revolution.

6. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    If Nintendo moves Twilight Princess, they'll have effectively left the home console market for like 8-11 months, which would be a very bad thing. TP will have the effect of stimulating GC sales somewhat, both system and games.

The game isn't designed to take advantage of the Revolution controller, so it would, in fact, make a lousy big debut title for the new system. Nintendo has already vowed to have Mario there on launch day; he's far more adaptable to showing of the remotroller, and is a guaranteed system mover. If Nintendo shot both big bullets in their gun at Revo launch, they'd have nothing left to carry sales later on; they need another follow up Zelda to carry Rev's 2nd or 3rd holiday season (likely 3rd; expect a big buildup to remotroller kiler-app Metroid for the second).

Not to mention the fact that they'd have to completely redo the art assets so the game didn't look previous-gen; Nintendo can't afford to have that franchise lose any of its lustre.

And that, folks, is why Twilight Princess will be on GC this spring, just like Nintendo has said all along. End of story.
    I sure hope you are right StriderKyo.

7. Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    Why should I even care anymore?

The Revolution won't sell at launch unless it's next holidays. At most they'll have Mario and maybe some sort of Metroid at launch. No thanks. Been there, done that. Plus maybe a few controller doodad specific games that I really don't want.
    And 360 has a sequel to a Nintendo 64 fps, a Rare platformer that was originally going to be a GC title and a King Kong port. And PS3 will have MGS4 and Tekken. "No thanks, been there done that."

And yes, Nintendo should just save TP for Revolution. They could just keep it as a GC disc if they wanted and put the game in a special Revolution/GC themed case with a label such as "Only for Nintendo Gamecube and Revolution."

And they should just keep the name "Revolution." Iwata and Miyamoto will probably give it an even more contrived moniker 'tho.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 02 Dec 2005 at 01:48 AM.

8. Well, I've been wanting Metroid Prime and Echoes for some time now. I might as well wait for the Revolution. I really haven't seen anything yet this gen that makes me want to go out and purchase any of the three consoles. But being that I'm an emulator junkie, the Revolution at least'll have a nice back catalog of games. I'm really hoping they improve the 360's Xbox emulator though within the next six months.

9. Others hit the nail on the head here long before:
    Revolution plays Gamecube games.
    Zelda:TP is made to be a killer GC app.
    Why are you going to force this thing onto the Revolution? What for? I'm sure the damn game is already nearing completion, why would you push it back further and redo just about everything to make it look like a decent Revolution game?
    Mario and whatever else Nintendo has at launch is going to be their big guns. Probably Pilot Wings, to really show off the controller.

I place money on the table that says Twilight Princess is going to come out on Gamecube.

10. I'm not saying it's going to come out for the Revolution, this much we all know. What I'm saying is that I think it should come out for the Revolution. 8 - 11 months off the market with no big games is nothing for Nintendo. The last big killer game they had was Resident Evil 4 back in January, the next is in March. A full 14 months with no new big games is not unusual for Nintendo, considering the lifespan of the Nintendo 64, beginning and end. The Gamecube selling 100,000 copies a month isn't a huge deal. PS2 and Xbox are probably selling five times that amount under a conservative estimate. The Gamecube userbase by this point in the game is probably mostly hardcore Nintendo fans who will wait for a new Zelda launch with baited breath anyway.

Although it may be wrong, I see Gamecube as a colossal failure, product wise. Corporate bottom line-wise Nintendo is probably tickled pink, but the PS2 slaughtered it and the newcomer in Xbox did as well. Cutting your loss and bringing a game everybody wants to your next console, a console which is actually garnering the kind of attention that hasn't been given to Nintendo in 8 years, can't be a bad thing for your future.

It would be a risky move, but probably worth it in the end to have a brand new Zelda and Mario out in the same launch year to move systems. Mario can demonstrate the amazing new controller dynamic and Zelda can represent the more traditional gaming style your system is capable of. Again, I know that this isn't going to happen, I just don't see any benefit to releasing Twilight Princess for the Gamecube. Everyone eagerly awaiting the game by the point in Gamecube's life is probably a huge Nintendo fan, anyway. Pilotwings and a new Metroid can come year 2, then squeeze in a new Smash Brothers, new Pikman and new Animal Crossing and you've got yourself a solid first 2 year first party line-up.

I'm not saying this is going to happen, I just think it's a good move. Zelda and Mario in the same year as a launch of your new system turns heads, I don't care who is in the store or reading the news. Killer apps are usually made at a system launch, not 6 - 8 months before this generation is about to die out.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 02 Dec 2005 at 09:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."