Page 1 of 115 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Zelda: Twilight Princess

1. Zelda: Twilight Princess

So this game is delayed til '06, but at this point I'm assuming that this isn't coming to the Gamecube. I mean, yes, this game is delayed. But what gets me is that I haven't seen any new pics revealed for this game in a long time. Nintendo has been mysteriously quiet about this one. Unless they're too busy focusing on a killer christmas for the DS.

Either way, I think they're porting it to the Revolution? That would definately be a nice start for the big N and their Revolution. Which is fine by me, I sold my gamecube ages ago, I don't want to buy another for this game alone. Hell, I wouldn't even care if they ported it to the DS. Although I would miss the pretty graphics.

What do you think? Gamecube or revolution bound? Does anyone even care? Didn't think so...

2. Nintendo repeatedly tells us that their system will be games intensive, and will reduce its price significantly. I'm a supporter of this line of thinking. I have a DVD player in my 360 and PS2 already, why do I need another? Shed excess components and give us a cheaper system.

That said, if the system is around the 200-250 dollar range I'd happily pick it up alongside this game.

3. It would make no sense porting this to Revolution. Revolution's backwards compatible, isn't it?

It's nothing new that Nintendo is short on official info until a game finally comes out.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Son of Bryce
    It would make no sense porting this to Revolution. Revolution's backwards compatible, isn't it?

It's nothing new that Nintendo is short on official info until a game finally comes out.
    Perhaps N is going to scrap the GC release and end up focusing on designing this for the Revolution as its killer launch title. Who really knows at this point.

5. No question a game like Zelda will move hardware like never seen before. But personally, I'm not gonna get excited for it until I actually play it. I bought a GC for Mario, Metroid, and Zelda. Of those, I only liked Metroid.

Never thought I'd have to take a wait and see approach with one of Nintendo's big guns.

6. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    Perhaps N is going to scrap the GC release and end up focusing on designing this for the Revolution as its killer launch title. Who really knows at this point.
    If they had any brains in that company they'd be doing this. The Gamecube is dead, cut'er loose and focus on your one gaming console in the past couple tries that's actually garnering attention. Be warned, Nintendo, that should this game stink a huge colossal horse pile your system will be dead out of the gate.

Zelda + new console + pack in retro controller so you can still play old Gamecube games = Good selling point.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. The GC has a 20 mill user base, it would sell more units if it were on GC, and it'll still sell for years to be played on the Rev.
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

8. But they're shooting themselves in the foot come Revolution launch if they don't have a great game with a big name like a Zelda to play. People are expecting this from Nintendo. The Revolution is going to have a harder time reaching those numbers due to Nintendo's marketshare and mindshare of american consumers dwindling because of increased competition from Xbox 360 and PS3. A new Zelda would turn some heads. Luigi's Mansion was a good, fun game but it isn't a good game to build a release on.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Hello? Mario 128? I'd be dumbfounded if Nintendo failed to release this mythical true followup to Mario 64 at the Revolution launch.

If they don't have a new Mario ready for whatever reason, there's always Smash Bros. Super Smash Bros Melee is most likely the best selling Gamecube game.

10. Wouldn't staggering their releases of big hit games like Mario 128 and Zelda Twilight Princess in the first year help out The Revolution a lot? Maybe I'm looking at the Gamecube wrong here but it seems like backing it at this point in the game is a bit of a lost cause and waste of resources. Nobody is going nuts for it and it has a few sporadic releases of note once every few years. Resident Evil 4 seems like its last big profile release.

The only time I ever hear anybody talk about it is when a new Mario Party is released.