Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Female Warrior Designs

1. Female Warrior Designs

I've been thinking about doing some sort of commission program for people's MMORPG characters. Still working out details and trying to find a web provider (if anyone has any suggestions please let me know : ) )...but I figure one way or another I'm going to have some samples. My girlfriend wanted one of her WoW Paladin (who's not all that high lvl mind you), so I've been sketching around, trying to get her figured out. So I figured I toss these up here and update as I paint them for practice.

Bear in mind only the final one is really a finished drawing and not just something out of my sketchbook. She said she wanted an art noveau style for her portrait, so I tried to incoroporate some of those elements without losing my style.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	armored-gal-1.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	17952   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	armored-gal-2.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	17953   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elfgirl.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	166.4 KB 
ID:	17954   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	armored-gal-3.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	227.6 KB 
ID:	17955  

2. I really like the fourth one, followed by the second.

I'm not into some of the armor designs, though that probably has more to do with the original game than your style. (And I'm not saying they're bad, just not my taste.)
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

3. I like the third one a lot. The ornamental style actually goes really well with a lot of the armor styles in WOW.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. None of these armors are in the game, although there's similar stuff. I'm surprised how difficult it is actually to design armor than isn't just typical medieval stuff and that also looks somewhat functional.

5. The legs on the third one look really sleak, definitely a good looking hunk of metal.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Fury, while I got you, I need a front splash page for Rampant Fronting... any ideas?

7. Splash page for a website?

8. I'm no art student, and I won't presume to say my opinion carrys any weight in this situation, but I just don't think those noses really fit those faces. Maybe I just don't have a good grasp of anatomy, but to me those noses seem flat and disproportional.
    Time for a change

9. I can see what you mean, but I that's typically something I address with painting. I don't want too many contour lines in the face because it sort-of clutters it up, or worse, if it's over-defined it makes the face look mannish.

10. Your work typically has a bit of an anime feel as well, does it not? That contributes, although I don't think it's a valid complaint.