Thread: (C)apcom (P)ower (S)ystem Changer-Questions:

1. Japan (C)apcom (P)ower (S)ystem Changer-Questions:

I ventured outside Tokyo today on the hunt for an FM Towns Marty 2. All this stopped however when I stumbled upon one of these rare beasts. I remember seeing the ads for them in Gamest 10 years ago and the odd mention in the U.K. press but I never thought I would be handling one. It was a tingling moment.

Furthermore it was boxed(!), with the unit itself bagged, P.S.U. bagged, A.V. leads and instructions bagged-everything looked complete and new. Also in their package was a CPS Fighter joystick. The box looked like a PCB kit box designed to be sent through the post also which leads me to believe the mail from Capcom only nature of this unit seems to be true.

I am aware that this was Capcom's NeoGeo killer but they only released a dozen of specific Capcom CPS Changer B Boards which made it very limited.

However, the bloke in the shop said that the unit was compatible with all Capcom CPS-2 A&B Board combo titles. Is this true?

IF this is the case will the unit act like a glorified Capcom SuperGun with all JAMMA PCB's?

How much does a boxed example fetch?

Thanks in advance.

2. This is why I love TNL... I learn something awesome every day.