Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: One Man's Trash is Another Man's treasure.

1. Did you ever watch the Unico movies on Disney way back when? I think it was around '85-'87... I have fond memories. I feel special knowing that i loved Tezuka stuff even when i was a young'n.
    Donk

2. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    I've picked this one up about 3 months ago. Did you notice that Strider 1 was on the disc that was supposed to be Strider 2 and Strider 2 was on the other? Maybe I have a rare press if yours isn't the same way?
    Mine is the same way. The loading KILLED this game for me. Its a good arcade game, not a good home game. I'm glad I own it, since I get a hankering to play it once in a while, but it isn't nearly as fun as the first. There's something about the first Strider's soundtrack that has always done it for me. Its great.

3. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    I've picked this one up about 3 months ago. Did you notice that Strider 1 was on the disc that was supposed to be Strider 2 and Strider 2 was on the other? Maybe I have a rare press if yours isn't the same way?
    Mine's like that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Salsashark
    I honestly think this game's shittiness somehow makes it better. I'll never be able to explain it, but somehow it is genius.
    Yeah, that about sums it up. It's the best bad game ever made. I think go I'll play through it again.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Hmm... my copy of Strider 2 is properly labeled.

Think it's valuable? : O

Quote Originally Posted by Finch
    Did you ever watch the Unico movies on Disney way back when? I think it was around '85-'87... I have fond memories. I feel special knowing that i loved Tezuka stuff even when i was a young'n.
    I never got to see it on tv, but I do remember renting it when I was younger when I went to see my grandmother.

It was the one with the puppet thing that turned people into wood block people, and used them to line the walls of his castle.

Anyone know where to get all the Unico movies?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Interpol
    Hmm... my copy of Strider 2 is properly labeled.

Think it's valuable? : O
    Weird. I thought they were all messed up.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Quote Originally Posted by IronPlant
    I never got to see it on tv, but I do remember renting it when I was younger when I went to see my grandmother.

It was the one with the puppet thing that turned people into wood block people, and used them to line the walls of his castle.

Anyone know where to get all the Unico movies?
    Ebay. http://dvd.search.ebay.com/unico_DVD...1QQsacatZ11232 There never was an official U.S. dvd release, but there are a few bootlegs available. The vhs copies are pretty rare now and are probably falling apart anyway.
    There was a third movie that was never released in the U.S. too. There might be a fansub.
    Donk

8. I missed the Unico movies. I did used to buy Astro Boy comics and even had a little Astro Boy lapel pin looooooong before ever getting into other anime. Not sure what I liked about it so much back then. I should dig up those comics for a refresher...