Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 68910

Thread: 2005-06 NCAA Basketball

1. I think the Maryland women's team would beat the men's team.

Manhattan Jaspers lols.

2. I love basketball. I hate college basketball. I don't know how anyone could like basketball and actually enjoy college basketball. It's just not good basketball.

- Everyone looks like they're on speed.
    - Plays are hardly ever ran; and in the event that they are, are never executed (pick n' rolls? back doors? MIA).
    - 90% of possessions consist of passing the ball around until the shot clock is at 5, even if a player had an open shot earlier in the shot clock.
    - Baskets usually only come about through some sort of awkward-looking play or put-back.
    - The over-the-foul-limit free throw rule (only entitled to second free throw if first free throw goes in) makes no sense.
    - Two-handed dunks are ugly.

I love watching the NBA. I can watch high school basketball. I can even watch the WNBA. I can't stand NCAA basketball.

3. despite some of those details, college basketball holds its own against the NBA because:

-no whiny, overpaid players making fools of themselves
    -those kids play with a huge amount of spirit and determination, despite not being paid for it
    -unlike NBA playoffs, which can drag out to 7 games, the winner-take all scenario of the NCAA tournament requires huge winning streaks and makes for more suspenseful, exciting games.

and the cheerleaders are hotter.

4. -those kids play with a huge amount of spirit and determination, despite not being paid for it
    The NBA players play with a lot of effort, too. It just looks like they're dogging it because they're so good at what they do. Everything is polished to perfection. College players look like they're playing hard because they don't have the skills to do those things, NBA players make everything look easy.

NFL vs. college football is the same way.

You certainly have to love the game to make the pros. In any sport.
    Last edited by diffusionx; 05 Apr 2006 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    - The over-the-foul-limit free throw rule (only entitled to second free throw if first free throw goes in) makes no sense.
    That's only on fouls 7 through 10 on non-shooting fouls, though.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    That's only on fouls 7 through 10 on non-shooting fouls, though.
    Yeah, that's why I stated "over-the-foul-limit" fouls. It still doesn't make any sense to me, though.

7. LOL, I won the office pool. It was only a total of $75 but shit if I don't need $75.