Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1020222324

Thread: The 2006 Anticipation and Dissapointment Thread

1. Listened to the Hella album. I really don't think they could've made it any worse. Really really horrible trainwreck.

2. On the flipside, Deerhoof's new album is blissfully joyful. Really, it gets better every time I listen to it. Incredible beats and melodies and the production is this very rare synthesis of noise and pop that makes me indescribably happy.

3. I picked up the Sufjan Christmas album today for kicks and because it was pretty cheap ($18 for five disks and all the shit that comes with it). It's pretty and overly cliched. My brother was looking all over town for it and couldn't find it last week, we deemed it the "Indie Tickle-Me Elmo," even the copy I found was the last one in the store.

4. Five... discs? Of Sufjan singing? Hope you got some good laughs in, sounds torturous.

I can't wait for the new Avril Lavigne album to leak! Time for the '07 thread.

5. They're EPs, so it clocks in at two hours. I can see why folk could find Sufjan grating, even I have a hard time listening to him for extended periods of time. But one at a time these EPs (about a 20+/- min each) are pretty cool for the season.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Punky Skunk View Post
    Five... discs? Of Sufjan singing? Hope you got some good laughs in, sounds torturous.

I can't wait for the new Avril Lavigne album to leak! Time for the '07 thread.

wow
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

7. The Clipse's Hell Hath No Fury just came out. Pharrell has completely redeemed himself after his sub-par solo effort. The production is ridiculous.

Mos Def's Tru3 Magic has leaked this week. I'm going to give it a listen over the weekend. Word is that it's trash, but I liked The New Danger so I'm excited.

Nogo on Tru3 Magic. It blows. Just listened.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K View Post
    The new Shins album leaked several months in advance, I haven't gotten around to listening to it yet, but it had better be at least above average judging by the amount of time they put into the fucking thing. And I don't even like the Shins all that much.

Cut and paste this if clicking doesn't work. You like the Smiths/Morrissey? That's what this sounds like. Haters be damned.

Phantom Limb:
    https://www.subpop.com/scripts/main/...00.mp3&mid=400