Page 1 of 24 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2006 Anticipation and Dissapointment Thread

1. The 2006 Anticipation and Dissapointment Thread

2006 leaks are already upon us. So far, to my knowledge, these have leaked:

The Strokes - "First Impressions of Earth"

The Elected - "Sun Sun Sun"

Belle and Sebastian - "The Life Pursuit"

Just downloaded those second two. Haven't given B&S a listen yet but had a quick run through with The Elected. Pretty bland but a few good tracks. The title track in particular sticks out to me.
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Tragic
    Pretty bland but a few good tracks.
    So on par with the first one.

3. Yup.

4. The new B&S is miserable to the point of hilarity.

5. Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage

Not sure when in 2006 it comes out, but its 2006 none the less. The band has added lots to their sound, still faster than anything ever in the history of time (that includes those rocket cars from the 60's). The only thing that has not seemed to improve in any amount is the lyrics, lots of themes and sometimes word for word lines are reused on this record that were used on Sonic Firestorm. But its all still quite fun.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Wilykat
    The new B&S is miserable to the point of hilarity.
    No way, d00d. I wouldn't say the whole thing is great, but there are definitely some great songs on it. If only a couple. IMHO.

7. He also hated Dear Catastrophe Waitress. Cannot trust seller!

8. A couple of the tracks are alright. I like "We Are Sleepyheads" and "Sukie in the Graveyard". The rest is pretty boring or bad though.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Clash!
    Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage

Not sure when in 2006 it comes out, but its 2006 none the less. The band has added lots to their sound, still faster than anything ever in the history of time (that includes those rocket cars from the 60's). The only thing that has not seemed to improve in any amount is the lyrics, lots of themes and sometimes word for word lines are reused on this record that were used on Sonic Firestorm. But its all still quite fun.
    Yeah definitely - I enjoy Inhuman Rampage more than the debut album, but lets face it, Sonic Firestorm was an amazing milestone in power metal, they're never going to top that album, I'll choke on dick if they manage to somehow.

I'm liking the new In Flames too but thats neither here nor there.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

10. Quote Originally Posted by Sqoon
    He also hated Dear Catastrophe Waitress. Cannot trust seller!
    I hated that the first few listens also, though it grew on me in time.

There's a few tracks on Life Pursuit that I don't mind. "Another Sunny Day" and "Dress Up In You". Most other tracks seem like painfully akward attempts to diversify their sound.

Shame. They did something different that really worked with "Your Cover's Blown" on the Books EP.