Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1222242526

Thread: Revolution Launching Thanksgiving 2006; "Not Much More Powerful than Xbox"

1. The Gamecube doesn't have as many great games as the Dreamcast though. ;3

2. I'd prefer to have a console that the general population doesn't care about, even if that means it has to be underpowered and undersupported.
    Almost every game I like nowadays is considered 'niche' anyway, and I can do without the endless torrent of licensed crap, WWII games, GTA clones, and annual EA rehashes.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa
    I'd prefer to have a console that the general population doesn't care about, even if that means it has to be underpowered and undersupported.
    What?

Almost every game I like nowadays is considered 'niche' anyway, and I can do without the endless torrent of licensed crap, WWII games, GTA clones, and annual EA rehashes.
    Except the PS2 still has a lot of good stuff coming out for it, and as we speak has more 3rd party support announced than the Xbox 360 does.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 12 Dec 2005 at 09:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. And no console in history has more niche games than the PS2. Remove the WWII, GTA, and anything by EA and there's still way more titles than anyone could finish in ten years.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    I don't think people buy consoles because they're cheap. People buy consoles because they have the reputation of being a thing you cannot do without. (See PS2: It was expensive and its first year was spent playing DVDs and PS1 games but people bought it because it was the thing to have. See also Dreamcast: A cheap console with great games initially that died because the general population didn't even know it existed, which is a bit like the Gamecube's current situation.)
    When the Playstation and N-64 hit the $99 price point, that's when the sales numbers went through the roof. The PSOne probably sold more than 25 million units alone.

6. Yeah, that kinda came out wrong.
    What I was getting at is that I don't care if the system is popular or powerful, as long as it gets games that I'm interested in.
    It makes no difference to me whether or not I own the same system as everyone else.

7. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    When the Playstation and N-64 hit the $99 price point, that's when the sales numbers went through the roof. The PSOne probably sold more than 25 million units alone.
    Gamecubes are about as cheap as that now, but they're still not a feature in the average person's home. PS and N64 had reputations to begin with, so more people bought them at $99.