Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More Metroid Prime 3 details.

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Heck yeah it had a story, it just wasn't in the cut scenes themselves, it was sprinkled through the game (ohhhh no! not scanning!!!). I really enjoyed reading about Samus from the perspective of the Chozo.
    I concur I quite enjoyed scanning the chozo lore and the space pirate logs thats where all the story was

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Shame on me, I still haven't even played MP2 beyond the demo. So many other games to complete. And I still have an 86% in MP1.

But it's now $19 at Walmart so I have no excuse now.

MP2 is a good game its not as good as the first one overall but its still a good game and the screw attack is fun as hell
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv
    I concur I quite enjoyed scanning the chozo lore and the space pirate logs thats where all the story was
    I also loved the ominous little bits of foreshadowing. Such as when you're in the Ice lab and you read the pirate logs about "Geoform Ridley has been reconstructed and is reeady for his security post which he will relish." Ohhhh creepy.

And the cut scenes weren't supposed to story to begin with. They were usually just "intros" in between each stage showing that she was simply going from point A to point B.

MP2 is a good game its not as good as the first one overall but its still a good game and the screw attack is fun as hell
    Thanks for the impressions. Curious, do you get the screw attack mid-point in the game or is not far from the end?
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 06 Dec 2005 at 05:46 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    FPS's on the Revolution may be the best transition from PC the console world has yet to see.
    Not really.
    There are some FPS for DC and PS2 that support kb&m, like Quake III, UT, and Half-Life.
    I know what you mean, though.
    It'll probably be the best standard console controller for this type of game, although I still think a 360 controller with a trackball in place of the right analog would be supreme.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Throughout Metroid Prime I couldn't help ask myself how an elite hunter like Samus couldn't look up and down whilst looking from side to side at the same time.
    Ummm...because she's wearing a cubersome and probably really heavy space suit?

Quote Originally Posted by James
    If they redo Metroid Prime 1 and 2 to use the Revolution controller, I'm in. If not, forget it. I tried to enjoy the Metroid Prime, but just couldn't take to the controls so never beat it.

James
    Really, I don't understand why so many people didn't play this game beacause of the controls. Yeah they take a little while to get used to, but it's so worth it because the games are just so damn good. I really didn't have any problems with the controls 99% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Salsashark
    I'm probably in the minority, but I kind of wish there were no space pirates in Metroid Prime.
    I got really annoyed near the end of MP when I was on my final collection/ scan run before I beat the last boss. In the Phazon Mines, having to fight those space pirates over, and over, and over, and over was really repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by avatar
    The fuck.

Prime had a story? It was just a bunch of cutscenes.
    The story was really interesting if you scanned all the chozo/ pirate lore.

5. Standard FPS games like halo or unreal? Yes, but a game that really relies more on exploring and not really action just doesn't seem like the best fit for that controller.

I'm not saing a drastic overhaul of the engine, but maybe more engaging and thrilling moments. Echoes became a bore to me and that wasn't even past the first "level"

It never really felt like much of a story with good vs. evil. More like shit just happened and you had to clean up. However i will look into my save logs in order and see if I'm just reading this wrong.

6. The story was really interesting if you scanned all the chozo/ pirate lore.
    Waits for someone to whine about having to scan

7. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv
    I think I liked the first game better, although certain aspects of MP2 were better than the first game. The graphics had a lot of improvement, the scanning interface was way better, the boss fights were much more intense and the light/dark world puzzles were awfully neat.

All that being said, MP 1 & 2 were by far my favorite games of this generation, and I will absolutely buy a revolution to play the 3rd one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    I actually really liked the scanning. It gave me a good reason to explore the awesome environments.

The least encouraging application of the revolution controller that I have seen is the jerk-upwards-to-jump-motion. This on the other hand looks super exciting. I <3 scanning!
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    I don't think anyone truly detests scanning. scanning is one of the best parts of the game since it gies you so much info about stuff.

I remeber the first part of MP when you entered the space station and scanned on the space pirates. Seeing information and showing enemies with these really nasty wounds like snapped backs or severe burns just really made the game much more immersive for me.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    What is this, 2002?

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico