Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: More Metroid Prime 3 details.

1. The Ing were cool as hell. It's the space pirates that totally suck.

But the major problem with both Metroid Prime games is that there are no f'in Metroids.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

2. Quote Originally Posted by PBMax
    But the major problem with both Metroid Prime games is that there are no f'in Metroids.
    Don't you mean "not enough" fín Metroids"? There were lots near the end of MP1 (color-coded bastards!).

3. Heck yeah some folks in this forum hate scanning. It's not for everyone of course.

Yeah, Prime had the most "real" Metroids (not 'Mocktroids' ) since the NES game. That reminds me, that final level in Prime was so amazing both gameplay and visually. I love how there were "teeth" coming out of the walls, personally reminded me a lot of some parts of Kraid's hideout in the very first game which had "teeth" coming out of the ceiling in one hallway.

And there are no Metroids at all in Echoes?

4. Ummm...because she's wearing a cubersome and probably really heavy space suit?
    So is Master Chief. Blame it on the woman, not the suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dylan1CC
    Yeah, Prime had the most "real" Metroids (not 'Mocktroids' ) since the NES game. That reminds me, that final level in Prime was so amazing both gameplay and visually. I love how there were "teeth" coming out of the walls, personally reminded me a lot of some parts of Kraid's hideout in the very first game which had "teeth" coming out of the ceiling in one hallway.

And there are no Metroids at all in Echoes?
    There are only a few Metroids in all of Echoes.

There are Metroids in Prime, but they are absolute pussies. What happened to Metroids that attack ferociously and suck the life out of you? Metroids that make you say "Oh shit!" when you see them. Those where the Metroids of old, and Retro neutered them.

Don't even get me started about the actual Metroid Prime creature, which is basically a crab not a Metroid.

Both Prime's and Echoes' endings suck IMO, although I think the games themselves are pretty damn good. Compared with Mother Brain, or the insane happenings at the end of Super Metroid, both games end laughably.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

6. There are Metroids in Prime, but they are absolute pussies. What happened to Metroids that attack ferociously and suck the life out of you?
    Hrm? That's exactly what they did in Prime! Multi-colored pains in the butt that latched on and drained me every methodical platform on my way up to the boss's lair. Sure you can compensate a bit by color matching but I was still morph-ball bombing those suckers off me like it was 1987!

My only complaint about Prime's finale is you don't get to escape the lair within a time limit as it blows up. Otherwise I thought it was neat to see the Chozo Elders reappear, plus seeing a lifelike face on Samus as she surveys the artifact hub for the last time was sweet.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 07 Dec 2005 at 02:41 AM.

7. We had a different experience -- the multi-colored Metroids weren't threatening to me in any way.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

8. I can't wait for Metroid Prime 3. I just hope it doesn't have a glitch that keeps me from finishing the game. I was about 15 hours in to MP2, when I entered a room with a couple locks that I needed that echo visor to unlock. Apparently, I didn't see one of the locks, and I left the room....which some how caused the game to glitch on me and I was never able to open the door. Thats one of the worst game ending glitches I have seen for such an awesome game.

9. Quote Originally Posted by PBMax
    There are only a few Metroids in all of Echoes.

There are Metroids in Prime, but they are absolute pussies. What happened to Metroids that attack ferociously and suck the life out of you? Metroids that make you say "Oh shit!" when you see them. Those where the Metroids of old, and Retro neutered them.

I don't know I thought most the metroids in Metroid 2 were pussies, most the time you could stay and jump in one spot and just hammer on them with missles and bam they were dead, it wasn't like ohh shit another metroid form

I thought Prime's metroids at the end were more of bastards than the one's in 2

and really I don't remember them being that tough in Super Metroid either, in fact I remember thinking they were push overs in Super
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.