Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More Metroid Prime 3 details.

1. Oh goodie, "brand new threats."

Nobody cared about the Ing. Granted, nobody cares about the space pirates either, but at least they're the established villains. I hope they at least tie in somehow to the rest of the Metroid universe, rather than just being this relatively insignificant little blip like the Ing were.

Also, "we don't plan on using a third-person camera for the times when Samus is in a suit" interests me, for obvious reasons. Why the need to qualify that with "for the times when Samus is in a suit"?

2. Quote Originally Posted by sethsez
    Also, "we don't plan on using a third-person camera for the times when Samus is in a suit" interests me, for obvious reasons. Why the need to qualify that with "for the times when Samus is in a suit"?
    Because it goes into third-person when she rolls into a ball?

I'm probably in the minority, but I kind of wish there were no space pirates in Metroid Prime.

3. This is true and I am stupid.

I hate brain farts.

I wouldn't mind the lack of space pirates in the entire Prime series if there were some sort of central villain beyond the Prime itself. The Ing were blatant filler.

4. The fuck.

Prime had a story? It was just a bunch of cutscenes.

also to take advantage of the controller they need to change the design of the game. I just can't see how the remote would benefit this type of game control.

5. Prime had a story? It was just a bunch of cutscenes.
    Heck yeah it had a story, it just wasn't in the cut scenes themselves, it was sprinkled through the game (ohhhh no! not scanning!!!). I really enjoyed reading about Samus from the perspective of the Chozo.

6. Quote Originally Posted by avatar

also to take advantage of the controller they need to change the design of the game. I just can't see how the remote would benefit this type of game control.
    Ummmm, one of the most promising demos for the new Rev controller was Prime 2 with complete free-look using the wand. I am VERY interested in the game, especially since I refuse to use dual analog sticks for FPS's.

7. Quote Originally Posted by avatar
    Are you joking? I thought it easily looked like the best application for the remotroller. It's the one game that could really sell me on a Rev.
    -Kyo

8. I can't wait to see how they use the controller when you're in morph ball mode. There's so many new things they could do.

9. Throughout Metroid Prime I couldn't help ask myself how an elite hunter like Samus couldn't look up and down whilst looking from side to side at the same time. It was such a huge gameplay hindrance that it took me out of the experience. I didn't want to play Metroid Prime 2 because of this and am now subsequently out of the loop. Metroid Prime 3 better boast some great shit if they hope to get me back on board with this series.

Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    Are you joking? I thought it easily looked like the best application for the remotroller. It's the one game that could really sell me on a Rev.
    FPS's on the Revolution may be the best transition from PC the console world has yet to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

10. Quote Originally Posted by child810
    I can't wait to see how they use the controller when you're in morph ball mode. There's so many new things they could do.
    Nice. Didn't even think of that.