Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 81011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Megaman Maverick Hunter X Official

1. The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. Just wanted to know if it was in there still, so thanks. I'll skip the FAQs. It's impossible to go through them and find the thing you need without spoiling the whole damn game (every FAQ begins with "Table Of Contents: Chapter 6 - Aeris Dies, Chapter 7: Darth Vader Is Luke's Father, Chapter 8: Tom Hanks Isn't Acting, He's gay For Real"). Besides, I hate wimping out and wasting the $38 I just spent.
    -Kyo

3. 3 levels down. Yeah, I caved. And you know what? I'm glad. This game is the kind of remake I didn't think Capcom had in them anymore. To those of you who've never played the first MMX: get this immediately. It always looked and played great, and now it's even better. To those of you who've played MMX1 to death like I have: get this immediately. Everything about this remake has been done well. The animated intro? Awesome. The voice acting? Not bad. Gameplay is spot-on, graphics and sound effects are fantastic. You will freak out. The new boss art is insanely good, and the music remixes are good too.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is the fact that I have 3 bosses down and 3 of the items already. I thought they'd put them in new locations, not just shuffle the previous locations around. I guess it was clever of them to put the dash where the gun enhancement was in the first game, except infinitely easier to get to. I know people who never knew you could get that upgrade before Zero died. Sub tanks and hearts are in the same place too. Bosses will fall to the same old patterns. But then again, I suppose they couldn't change too much. It'd stop being MMX at a certain point.

Anyway, I need to actually sleep, then do work, as much as I'd like to avoid it. Bottom line is that if you've been holding out on upgrading and you're an MMX fan, stop deliberating about this and just get it. You'll be glad you did.

4. I should have Tokobot beat in a few days, then will pick this up next Tuesday when I get payed again. The impressions here are the best I have ever read for a remake. For now, saving last $60 of gaming money I have to order Gradius Portable tomorrow.

5. Damn, Vile's a girly man. Like two hits from the penguin and he's dead.

EDIT: NVRMND. Got the Ice Palace armor.
    Last edited by StriderKyo; 07 Feb 2006 at 09:29 PM.
    -Kyo

6. I just finished the game as Vile. Cool ass ending I must say. Now I'm sad, I want MMX 2 now. I guess I could go back and get the Hadoken.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

7. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    (every FAQ begins with "Table Of Contents: Chapter 6 - Aeris Dies, Chapter 7: Darth Vader Is Luke's Father, Chapter 8: Tom Hanks Isn't Acting, He's gay For Real").

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog
    I just finished the game as Vile. Cool ass ending I must say.
    Sweet, he even has a cool ending. I was worried they might cheese out and just have "game complete" or some bullshit.

Now I'm sad, I want MMX 2 now. I guess I could go back and get the Hadoken.
    I'm actually looking forward to MMX3, since Vile had a big part in that one as well. Hopefully he'll be playable.

Although I want to see what the first boss in MMX2 (the one that's 2 screens high) looks like in the remake.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 08 Feb 2006 at 11:48 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Sweet, he even has a cool ending. I was worried thay might cheese out and just have "game complete" or some bullshit.
    Yeah, they went all out on Vile - he's got his own fully animated intro, his own cinemas with the bosses, his own powerups and the stage layouts are different for him. Even the big mecha things you ride around in are different.
    -Kyo

9. Wow, that's pretty damn sweet. Unlockable characters don't usually get that kind of 5-star treatment.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    Yeah, they went all out on Vile - he's got his own fully animated intro, his own cinemas with the bosses, his own powerups and the stage layouts are different for him. Even the big mecha things you ride around in are different.

The only thing I hated about Vile was that he had the same damn music for every stage. It was pretty annoying after a while. At least it changed once you got to Sigmas stage. Vile's last boss fight is different too, and its pretty damn cool IMO.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle