Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Megaman Maverick Hunter X Official

1. "Hi! Did you guys know I'm in this game? I took time off from banging all your mothers to make it."

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rocca
    Precisely. The end of that trailer with Dr. Light speaking and clearing the dust off X's capsule, WITH A HUMAN HAND, and not a blue projection should be dope.
    I'd imagine that the hand is from whoever found X and that light's voice is just a recording...otherwise, why'd he get out of the robot building game?

The cut scenes are the main attraction for me, since it looks like the same game I played in JHS and got 100% on in 2 days. Hadouken does rule, though...

3. Hands on from 1up.com. Says "A solid remake with some intriguing extras." Parish can be mighty finicky when it's actually time to review though, so we will see. One part that got my attention is that Inafune is supposedly supervising the game which is good news if true and betaing the game unlocks and animated story detailing Sigma's dive into the dark side. Also, the 4 armor upgrades have bee "redistributed." Hmmmm:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3146441

Most intriguingly of all, completing MHX unlocks the ability to play as the fan-favorite Boba Fett-looking rogue Vile, whose game is comparable to Bass mode in Mega Man & Bass. He's harder to control and can fire at angles, and his story is different than X's. Reportedly Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune is overseeing the game's new features, marking his return to the series and adding a touch of oh-so-important authenticity to appease the fanboys.
    A few anime sequences have been added to the game as well, including a full-length episode that details Sigma's descent into maverick madness that serves as a reward for completing the game.
    MHX's most immediately obvious change is its graphical upgrade: The 16-bit sprites have been transformed into polygons, and the hand-drawn backgrounds are now rendered in 3D. The game itself hasn't changed despite the new look; in fact, stage layouts have been reproduced with near-total fidelity, and all of X's powers and abilities are intact. It's a contemporary facelift for tried-and-true gameplay, and while some of the characters lack the charm of their Super NES counterparts, MHX looks truly gorgeous on the PSP's screen -- in fact, it strongly resembles the most recent MMX titles on PlayStation 2, except that the level design and weapon balancing is more carefully thought-out.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 16 Dec 2005 at 10:14 PM.

4. I'm dying to play this game. The original MMX is still my favorite one in the series, there's a copy of it with the SNES in the common room one floor down from me, the other night I played through it again and it was great. Still no loader, though, so I guess I won't be getting to try this for a while.

5. Parish can be mighty finicky when it's actually time to review though, so we will see.
    I still <3 Parish, though. He's my secret hero.
    Donk

6. Quote Originally Posted by sethsez
    (imagine Katamari Damacy with sprites... eww)
    Eww, you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

7. Re: Me and My Katamari, that that sounds like one sweet unlockable.

8. Capcom has opened the official flash based site for the game. Art, screens, video, ect

http://www3.capcom.co.jp/psp_x/

From the promo linked on the front page, it appears that a Japanese techno group named Spinwake is responsible for the remixed soundtrack.

The music on the flash site brings back such great memories from when me and my brother finally got our SNES back in '95. I scored a new copy of MM X at Kay Bee toys for just $10 right before we got our system.

edit: Make sure you dig around the site, there are three new trailers including new footage of Vile in action and almost an entire animated cut scene featuring (drool) Sigma, Zero, X and Penguin fighting a construction maverick 'bot gone crazy and X remembering back to when he was being pieced together by Dr. Light.
    Last edited by 1CCOSA; 23 Jan 2006 at 08:58 PM.

9. Do all new PSP games update your system? Because I want this but don't want to lose all my rom playing abilities.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

10. Wow. Yamamoto and co's Opening Stage reduxed sounds awesome. Mega Man X was easily my favorite X game and probably the only one I went through with till the end more than once (possibly 30 times).

This makes me want a PSP.
    Last edited by Rocca; 23 Jan 2006 at 11:14 PM.