Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1113141516 LastLast

Thread: Megaman Maverick Hunter X Official

1. I really shouldn't add fuel to the fire, but, how the hell is Mega Man not a platformer? I mean, really, what the hell?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Aside from Final Fantasy, Mega Man is probably the most overrated series in all of gaming.
    no, that would be anything Sonic.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

3. Megaman has always been an action/platformer. The X series toned down the platforming aspect from the original series a little (less of it, and the wall jump removes some of the danger from timed platform jumps), but it's certainly still there.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog
    no, that would be anything Sonic.
    I'd have agreed with you a few years ago (I never "got" the Sonic series). But nowadays Sonic doesn't mean shit.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Damnit, I have everything for X and I finished Vile's game. I want more now bitches!! To the reviews that didnt like the music.... WTF! Its great IMO. The only track I kinda hate is Viles, probably because its his only music. I'm actually looking forward to an X2 update. Bring on Powered Up!
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

5. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog
    Damnit, I have everything for X and I finished Vile's game. I want more now bitches!!

Hard mode?
    -Kyo

6. Finally got it on Tuesday, love it. The presentation is excellent. The animated intro featuring the attack on the highway which leads into the classic first level was slick. Also, this has to have the best looking boss select screen of any game in both the Rockman and X series.

Gameplay itself is just as tight overall as the original IMHO with one gripe: there is definitely a bit of slowdown now and then when using both the regular mega buster and the X charge shot.

Anyways, I just have Storm Eagle and Boomer to clear, a few more subtanks and I should be good to take on Sigma.

7. Thing I didn't notice about this game before #7823: what order you do the stages in changes their layout. Like if you defeat the penguin before the fire guy, his stage is frozen over. If you beat Storm Eagle before doing Spark Mandrill's stage, the area looks trashed and the floors no longer conduct elecricity.

Anyway, picked it up again tonight and finally polished off the end of Vile mode. Sigma's Palace was absurdly easy using his most powerful punch weapon. The only thing that gave me any challenge was the battle with X & Zero (it's nasty when they double team you, and X goes psycho on you when you take out Zero), but I was still able to sub-tank my way through it. I loved that they did a whole new animated ending for him, though.

Now that I'm kind of back into this game, I might give X's Hard mode a go this weekend. Never did find the Hadouken.
    -Kyo

8. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    Thing I didn't notice about this game before #7823: what order you do the stages in changes their layout. Like if you defeat the penguin before the fire guy, his stage is frozen over. If you beat Storm Eagle before doing Spark Mandrill's stage, the area looks trashed and the floors no longer conduct elecricity.
    This is true of the SNES version as well. I need to play it again on hard mode as well... forgot all about it when I got to Exit, Ys and Generation of Chaos. Might start on that tonight.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Grave
    This is true of the SNES version as well. I need to play it again on hard mode as well... forgot all about it when I got to Exit, Ys and Generation of Chaos. Might start on that tonight.
    Neat. I never knew that.
    I'm still in hopes that they come out with the X collection for Xbox, but I definitally want to pick up the PSP revamp too; I just can't seem to stop playing Powered Up, though.

10. I finished off Vile mode last night. I liked it much more than X mode.
    Donk