Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timeout on threads?

1. Timeout on threads?

Everytime I start reading threads, I come back out of them and my session's already timed out and everything is marked read. Would you mind making the timeout longer?

2. This sounds like a issue on your end. Clear all the TNL cookies, close browser, empty cache, reload site.

3. this happens to me all the time

4. It's not an issue on my end, it's a setting in vBulletin. I think it's Cookie Timeout or something like that.

5. The only times I've logged out of TNL in the last few months are when I turned my PC off for a few minutes or it crashed, I'm usually on for days at a time and haven't once timed out. In fact, the only time I've ever timed out was when I was trying to access TNL from my job where they screwed with the cookie settings.

It's on your end.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Schlep
    It's not an issue on my end, it's a setting in vBulletin. I think it's Cookie Timeout or something like that.
    No, its an issue on your end. If it wasn't, more people would be afflicted.

7. Just funny that this is the only board on the whole internet that does it. But I've been in tech support before, I know "IT'S YOUR PROBLEM, OMFG!@#$!$!!!" is the standard answer.

Here's vbulletin's help guide quote.

Cookies and HTTP Header Options
    Time-Out for Cookie
    This is the time in seconds that a user must remain inactive before any unread posts are marked read. This setting also controls how long a user will remain on Who's Online after their last activity.
    Last edited by Schlep; 07 Dec 2005 at 04:13 AM.

8. that's fantastic, schlep.

The problem is still on your end, though.

9. Ok. I'll check out Camino, Safari and Firefox on my Mac for problems. Firefox and IE on my PC for problems. Firefox on my friend's PC for problems. And Netscape on the PC up at school for problems. I'm sure you're right and it's a problem with every one of those browsers. Thanks!