Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timeout on threads?

1. I could make it so that all the posts go unread on your computers.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Schlep
    Ok. I'll check out Camino, Safari and Firefox on my Mac for problems. Firefox and IE on my PC for problems. Firefox on my friend's PC for problems. And Netscape on the PC up at school for problems. I'm sure you're right and it's a problem with every one of those browsers. Thanks!
    I must have the special versions of IE and Firefox with override cookie settings.

p.s. You didn't honestly bring up something like a school network in defense of cookie settings, did you?

3. Look. The cookies time out at 10 minutes of inactivity. I have 40 posts on a page, and with a couple distractions, sometimes I don't make it through in 10 minutes. What I was asking for was to have it changed to 15 minutes like most other boards.

Of course, "IT'S YOUR FAULT, OMFG!$@#!#" and taking jabs at me is easier than asking questions. I don't expect any different to this (if not a straight up ban for raising a feedback issue in the feedback forum; how dare I).

4. Quote Originally Posted by Schlep
    The cookies time out at 10 minutes of inactivity.
    Go to your settings and tell them to keep cookies until they expire. If you're really that worried about security then I'm not sure why this is an issue in the first place.

5. It does the same to me all the time, regardless of which browser or machine I use.

My solution is to just use the 'back' button instead of reloading the forum index, that way everything stays marked as unread.

I've always had this problem. I just assumed it was normal.

7. it's on your end.

8. It's on a lot of ends.