Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Gitaroo Man is still the best and most underappreciated music game ever.

1. Gitaroo Man is still the best and most underappreciated music game ever.

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...ad.php?t=14804
    Clash's classic review just proves it.

Trial, Galaxia, and I just played through the game again tonight for shits and giggles, and, MAN, it is STILL fantastic! It's the music game equivalent to sex (though I'm no expert on the subject). Every Bemani, PaRappa, Taiko, Samba and Harmonix (JUST BARELY) game just does NOT measure up.
    I hereby declare that everyone who still owns the game go play through it again in tribute to the sequel we'll never get.

EDIT: Good Lord, Girtaroo? What was I on?
    Last edited by ChaoofNee; 04 Oct 2005 at 02:17 AM.

2. Cool Cool Toon and Technic Beat are very close, though.
    Donk

3. Quote Originally Posted by Finch
    Cool Cool Toon and Technic Beat are very close, though.
    I wholeheartedly disagree.
    The only thing close is Amplitude.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Finch
    Cool Cool Toon and Technic Beat are very close, though.
    Was about to say Technic Beat..... Very nice game.

I have a soft spot for Taiko Drum Master. Yes, the game is pretty simple but damn I have so much fun hitting the crap out of the drums.

5. Frequency, Amplitude, Samba de Amigo, Guitar Freaks (arcade), Parappa the Rapper, and Um Jammer Lammer are all much more fun than Guitaroo Man.

The End.

6. Actually, i changed my mind. Cool Cool Toon is on the level. If it was a tiny bit more difficult, it would beat out Guitaroo Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Overdrive
    Frequency, Amplitude, Samba de Amigo, Guitar Freaks (arcade), Parappa the Rapper, and Um Jammer Lammer are all much more fun than Guitaroo Man.

The End.

You're wrong.

7. I like how nobody has managed to spell Gitaroo Man right in this thread thus far.

And if it didn't cost seven billion dollars on eBay, I'd own it and be playing it right now. It's too bad it commands such high prices... it really is a great game, but I've only known one person who owned it.

8. I own it, bought it for 20 bucks at circuit city a few years back.

And I'm totally selling it for 100 dollars in the near future, even though it's one of my absolute favorite games of all time (because sometimes you just need them dollars)

9. Ouendan.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

10. Gitarro Man is the single best music game I've played. Sure, I'm not a music gaming connoiseur, but I still find myself humming Resurrection now and then when I didn't even realize it. Brilliant, brilliant game.

James