Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple PowerBook G4...

1. I think you'll see the whole line of laptops drop $100-200; that's just my personal opinion, though. I know analysts are looking for them to drop the prices on the iBooks by as much as $300, so it would make sense that Powerbooks would drop in price too.

Honestly, I have a desktop PC that's at least 2x faster than this laptop, maybe 3x. I use it maybe 2% of the time and use this laptop the rest. I don't know what exactly it is about the Mac, but I prefer it for day to day use. You might want to look into the Powerbooks even if you don't end up needing one for work/school.

2. With this '60%-70%' speed thing, is that for the current PowerPC apps, or are the new chips going to run at 100% with the new apps designed for intel?

If you head over to www.macrumors.com they post the latest rumours, so most likely you will hear something about the price drops and release dates of the products.
    You can never be one of the dead, because something that has no existence can have no community.

Frontiers

3. 60-70% is all of the current apps. Apps written for both platforms and for Intel only will run at 100%.

4. And i would think that since they know the change is coming, apple is starting to write apps for both platforms even before the release correct? so this % difference shouldnt really be a problem, right?
    You can never be one of the dead, because something that has no existence can have no community.

Frontiers