Page 1 of 99 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect

1. Mass Effect

New, original Bioware goodness coming to an Xbox 360 near you.

HD trailer:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2211

Not the best of quality, but new screens:

Looking excellent.

This is by far one of my most anticipated games. It's also, easily, the best looking thing so far to come out of the Unreal Engine 3, imo, and one of the very few things overall to come out of UE3 or the Doom 3 engine that isn't embarrasing to look at.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. I've been getting excited about this one as well,hopfully they will show more of this at E3 06.

3. Isn't there another title coming out that looks almost EXACTLY like this game? At any rate, this is one of the future Xbox 360 games that I am genuinely excited about. Jade Empire and Knights of the Old Republic were the only two RPGs I was in to enough to finish this generation. Bioware is an amazing, amazing developer and this trilogy (I think) will be amazing.

The visual design of the series is something I would otherwise hate (blue, purplish futuristic) if it weren't done slickly and in this futuristic setting of space (blue, red, and purple in space works well). I absolutely can't wait to see how this game stacks up.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    Isn't there another title coming out that looks almost EXACTLY like this game?
    Too Human.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

5. this and too human will decide wether i get a 360. i wuv bioware, jade empire kicked ass, kotor kicked ass(2 did too, a little less, but that was obsidian), so if this works out, microsoft gets a sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    This is by far one of my most anticipated games. It's also, easily, the best looking thing so far to come out of the Unreal Engine 3, imo, and one of the very few things overall to come out of UE3 or the Doom 3 engine that isn't embarrasing to look at.
    what else has been released with the U3 engine?

7. What else looks embarrassing is what I want to know

Well, except for some crappy UE3 games like Frame Shitty Killer

8. now lets see if Bioware can make a game with a framerate at a constant 60.

The player models, especially the bald guy look REALLY good. The shots you have on here dont look as good as the ones I seen in some recent mags.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

9. Are any of those gameplay shots?

Nevermind, I just watched the trailer.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    what else has been released with the U3 engine?
    Nothing has been released. But I didn't say released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    What else looks embarrassing is what I want to know

Well, except for some crappy UE3 games like Frame Shitty Killer
    Well, I included the Doom 3 engine in there, so starting with that; Doom 3, Doom 3 expansion, Quake 4, Prey.

And for the UE3 engine; Frame City Killer (though I think it may be coming around a bit), Too Human (it sounds interesting, and may be good, but it looks retarded), Huxley, Hoopworld. I would even put Gears of War in there, though it isn't quite on the same level as the Doom 3 engine shit, and it actually looks like a good game.

I take back my comment, though. I forgot Lost Odyssey is using Unreal 3. And I'm sure there will be a number of good looking games to eventually use UE3, unfortunately most of the people who have thus far revealed their projects are the devs who outsource their art teams to the local junior high.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.